p0l1wrath

Expected ISV behaviour

Hello,

I wondered if someone could let me know what should be expected of the ISV, in terms of the positioning of the valve.

I have bought a brand one bosch one recently, as well as load of other things to try and cure a bad idle/running, but it's still no good, I want to make sure the new unit isn't at fault.

Where should the valve be when off?

Where should the valve be on ignition?

What should the valve do when your turn the engine on?

and any other checks i can perform?

I am also constantly getting the error, '00533 Idle Speed Regulation Adaption limit not reached', which returns as soon as it is cleared.

Thanks

Hello, there should be a small gap to left, when off car or at rest whatever, it'll open the other way when running on car and needed but won't do this just by turning ignition on I'm pretty sure, it'll only start working when car running, idea of it is to stop the car dying when first come off throttle which VR6 like to do, it doesn't govern the idle as such just literally stabilises it think I'm right in saying.

I had that error message once and pretty sure was nothing to do with ISV, it might be the one that always comes up if car not running which is crank sensor or one of the other sensors, someone with Vagcom on here will tell you or just google the error code/message and ya'll find it.

One more thing check the silencer the foam can break down and try to get into ISV, had one where a sizable piece of foam was holding the ISV open at all times, luckilly did'nt get past ISV to engine. I removed all foam from silencer, and unless it's a brand new one personally I'd do the same. I've ran quite happilly without any silencer on another engine.

Ok, this is what mines doing I believe... I think it's an earthing issue, anyone know of any earth that I may have missed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk