MZpog

Is there anyway of checking which red from a reg number?

I've been told the below is flash red and bought the 2 wings off it to swap my lacquer peeling wings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83933[/ATTACH]

I picked the wings up in daylight and they appeared to be a match for mine but either way I was having them as they are in A1 condition.

Since stashing them in my garage the lad who sold me them got in touch to check the colour of my car as he sold other parts to someone who said they didn't match his flash red car. This got me thinking so I took a wing out of my garage and checked the colour match and it again seems fine, possibly a bit darker.

The car registration J180 GNH suggests its a 1991 car and my searches seem to say flash red wasn't available until 1992.

I would have thought the colour difference between flash and tornado would be obvious, but also wonder if there anyway of checking what the factory colour was from the registration.

Stuart.

Guessing that was a no then

hi m8

only just seen this

have you looked in the boot for the factory sticker? it has the specific paint code on there - eg my blackberry is LK4Z

i have a feeling there is also a sticker on the inside of the passenger wing, a yellow one with a bar code

Guessing that was a no then

Like you say I'm pretty sure Flash Red wasn't available until the Corrado got the facelift? So if they're early wings, they should be tornado.

Flash Red goes kind of orangey under really bright light so I'd take the wings outside on a sunny day (if we ever get any!!) and see how it looks?

hi m8

only just seen this

have you looked in the boot for the factory sticker? it has the specific paint code on there - eg my blackberry is LK4Z

i have a feeling there is also a sticker on the inside of the passenger wing, a yellow one with a bar code

I know my car is flash red and the photograph is of one that was broken so I don't have access to it's boot. I was trying to establish if it was also flash red from the reg number.

Stuart.

I know my car is flash red and the photograph is of one that was broken so I don't have access to it's boot. I was trying to establish if it was also flash red from the reg number.

Stuart.

sorry stuart i misunderstood

have you tired calling VW or asking ThursDave on here?

sorry stuart i misunderstood

have you tired calling VW or asking ThursDave on here?

Nope.