Sign in to follow this  
DanA

Buying a second car - Ibiza/Polo

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2483807003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Seen this Ibiza on ebay but I'm slightly concerned about the mileage... seems very low plus if you read further down he says the rev counter and fuel level indicator isn't really working properly... does this sound like the sort of thing that would happen if someone had the dash apart to clock it ???

Cheers,

Dan

good old motormeter clocks. they are renowned for faulty electric bits.

you'd have to see the service history to verify the mileage. if there is none, presume it's clocked.

Spoke to the owner and aparently it has all the MOT's since 97 (so thats a good start) Also i suppose if they are renowned for having faults that kinda explains things too... Hmmm, I think its worth the hour drive to check it out. No stamps in the log book, but pleanty of service bills.

I do like the Ibiza's, just trying to find a good cheapish runabout.... the 'rado can then stay safely tucked away in the garage on crappy days and dreaded supermarket trips!