Sign in to follow this  
Loop GTI

slight engine tune

I have booked my 2L 16v corrado into stealth racing to get a service, a whole new jettex s/s system, and some 260 shrick cams fitted and an uprated air filter.

my questions are:

1. will the new exhaust be too loud?

2. will i see a very big difference in the performance? vince said that it would have better mid rangedue to the cams. just wondering if the difference will be very noticeable.

any opinions are welcome, cheers

Rob

I have booked my 2L 16v corrado into stealth racing to get a service, a whole new jettex s/s system, and some 260 shrick cams fitted and an uprated air filter.

my questions are:

1. will the new exhaust be too loud?

2. will i see a very big difference in the performance? vince said that it would have better mid rangedue to the cams. just wondering if the difference will be very noticeable.

any opinions are welcome, cheers

Rob

If you have standard 2.0 cams in your 16v at the moment the inlet is very flat, gives a good flat torque curve but really limits the top end. A higher lift inlet cam will make it feel much better at the top end (4000rpm upwards). You probably won't really notice it on the road but you will get a bit less torque at lower revs, it's a trade off but if you like to drive the car hard you'll like it. High lift cams always work best with a ported and polished head and the fuelling to match though.

Stainless exhausts are almost always louder as the steel is harder, they can vary terrifically from one manufacturer to another though, my Janspeeed is bearable but loud. Jettex generally have had a good repuation AFAIK.

David.

i noticed quite a difference just from changing my inlet cam to a modded exhaust 1,so i think your car will feel alot better with those mods!