Sign in to follow this  
randal

RCL probs

Just got the C back after a rather expensive "preventative maintainance" excursion, and have picked up a rather irritating glitch on the remote central locking.

I can unlock the car (and disarm alarm/immob) from the fob no problem. However, when I try to lock the car from the fob it only arms the alarm/immob. I can still kick off the central locking from pushing down the driver's door pin - can't use the key as I've delocked the handles :brickwall:

At the advice of the dude who installed the alarm, i've been over the fuses and checked the wiring where the alarm meets the C/L circuit and can't find anything out of place there. It's funny because the central locking works AOK, as does the fob. The really weird thing is, none of the work carried out would have been anywhere near the alarm system, short of disconnecting the battery. Oh yeah, it's a Toad Ai606 btw. It's not the end of the world as it's covered under warranty, just wanted to see if I could sort it to save the bloke a rather lengthy drive down to sort what could be a 5 minute fix.

TIA

randal

if it is unlocking OK then it can't be the lock pulse length.........

......... personally I'd find the point where the lock signal is jointed to the c/l loom and try it with a +12v source. If this still doesn't work, you've isolated it to the car's electrics rather than the 606's.

BTT anyone? After reading though posts on here looks like it could be a vacuum leak problem.

Thanks for the advice yalan, but auto electrics are certainly not my forte! Might have a butchers at the pump at some point, see if that gives away any clues.

ta

randal