GrizzlyBear

Need some advice for wheels

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to get some new rims fir my valver as I'm going down the air ride route very soon.

Problem is, I've never bought wheels for a car ever. And I'm really struggling with measurements and offset and all that. Also what size tires to fit :/

My car is running the standard 4x100 15" alloys, and the specs of the new wheels I want to fit are as follows:

Offset: 20 ET20

Stud Diameter: 100 Rim Width: 8J

Number of Studs: 4 Rim Diameter: 16

Can anyone help me with where to begin? My car is lowered on coils at the moment, around 80mm I believe but i can adjust to fit as I'm using my coils with the air ride when I fit it anyway.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by GrizzlyBear

If those sizes are working for you just use them as a reference point. Offset is effectively dictate how far in or out of the arch the wheel sits for the same wheel width. Width also dictates that as well when combined with the offset.

Main things are PCD is 4x100 and the centrebore is at least 57.1mm

These days you can get adaptors for pretty much any wheel. I wouldn't go far from what you have, these best online calculator I found is this to show how wheels sit relative to each other.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

You then need to factor in tyres to keep the same rolling radius as before.

Thanks for the link and advice, much appreciated. I should have been clearer in the OP, those sizes are for the new wheels I would like, and not the ones I'm running now. Ill have to find those out. So I should measure my original stock alloys and go from there? I should have done that in the first place really but the car is in storage at the moment so its a real pain!

195/50R15 6Jx15 ET38 4x100

These are the original measurements for my alloys I believe.

Results are the new wheels will have 7mm less inner clearance and extend an extra 43mm on the outer position.

Will this cause an issue?

Edited by GrizzlyBear