Sign in to follow this  
Dilated

Dodgy question i know but...

Anyone know how to get one of these stoplocks off without the key...

00027704.jpg

To cut a long story short the girlfriend lost her bag last night with her car keys in. She got a key made up this morning and drove the car back from manchester, only to put the bloody steering lock on without thinking she ain't got the key to it anymore... doh!

Now, i'm no stranger to breaking into cars (not a car thief, worked at a car auction in me youth!) but never had to try get a stop lock off. I hear pros can do them in less than a minute or something!

I was thinking to take over a big hammer and an even bigger chissel and just break the thing off. Anyone got any advice?

sorted, i'd heard as much. Will take a big hammer and a big screwdriver. I'll report back on how long it takes to get off. heh

With pictures hopefully.

Oh, and don't let the coppers see you! :lol:

will see about that one - not got a digi cam here. The lass might have hers with her at work (although it may have been in her lost bag =S )

Actually, it would be funny for the cops to catch me. I might wear a boiler suit with arrow printed on it and a big balaclava. lol

iirc one shape pull ing the correct direction will snap the lap straight off, saw it on crime watch or something a few years ago, i was supprised, as i thought it would of broke the stearing wheel lock first.

Went to her work last night armed with a screwdriver (hefty one), jammed it in between the clasp that goes around the steering wheel, gave it a couple of big tugs and it just broke off. lol, took about 30 seconds, but only cos i was trying not to do any damage!