Sign in to follow this  
ipk

b&m sports shifters

i have now fitted the b&m shifter in the corrado, and it has reduced the throw to a lovely level! :lol:

the only problem i have is that its very stiff, and doesn't self centre and is a pain to put into gear. will this improve with time, as the bushes wear in a bit? :?: going from second to third can be tricky.

You need to adjust the centre postion. Loosen the neutral adjustment screw in front of the spring and rotate the stick until you can push it into 3rd with no sideways movement.

Takes a bit of getting used to but once done, its great. Dont force it from 2nd to 3rd, if you've aligned it properly then when taking it out of 2nd, it should relocate itself in the centre and then just push it up into 3rd!

I found a good quality gearbox oil helped too. I use Castrol TAF-X which is designed for VW gearboxes and is excellent and highly reccomended, if you can find it.

Dubcharged,

spot on, was going to say exactly the same myself as i was reading the first post then you summed it up perfectly. Nice one!

the new bushes are loosening up now, i think that was what was causing the problem. will centre it properly once the springs are capable of centreing the gear shift.

thanks for the help!