stu37

Dreaded rust... behind wings....

Hi guys, I have recently bought a corrado project car and she has rusted badly behind the lower part of the wings (further most forward part of the cill). At first I thought this was part of the wrotten wings... but... its not..

Has anyone else had experience of this? Is the general concensus to cut a section from an old car? Are parts still available?

On both sides it has started to effect the frontal areas's of the cills (delaminating at the seam).

I will try to get some pictures today. Any advice would be a great help!

Yeah, i experienced it on mine, i did have it fixed once but wasn't happy with it so cut it out and got it done again.

20150602_194626.jpg

20150607_203003.jpg

VW sell the repair panels, but you get a lot of panel you don't need. LHS = 535809839A RHS = 535809840A

20150602_194933.jpg

20150308_163627_1.jpg

20150308_163635.jpg

Mine repaired, can see the welding but i wasn't bothered as its hidden once wing is on

20150620_145543.jpg

20150619_151315.jpg

I found once the water got beneath the under seal the rust spread all along the seams, i had to have a few bits of sill cut out and repaired as well.

20150716_183604.jpg

Jim, thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed reply, it is certainly given me hope she can be repaired. It was just abit of a shock when the knackered wings had been removed and I started chasing the rust.

I will add some photo's tomorrow and post up the progress.