Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

Design 90's - Diamond Cut?

I Can't decide what to do with these - I was going to get them mirror polished & laquered but most have advised against this because they won't last.

I can't have them bare polished because its a daily driver...

so.... I'm thinking of having them painted then diamond cut/laquered - has anyone seen at set of these diamond cut?

Not sure what I'd do with the alloy centre caps tho - maybe polish them or chrome plate?

Cheers (pics would be good!)

scruffydubbers are diamond cut, but not lacquered.

you won't find many places willing to lacquer them either.

mine are polished, bare alloy and used daily, and I haven't polished them once since I put them on the car, and there's no corrosion on any of them.

I think pristine laquer diamond-cut rims, but obviously one little touch of the kerb and they'll look a mess unless they're repaired straight away.

I used to have BBS polished bare alloy outer rims, they were ok for a bit but eventually brake dust and road salt killed them!

Autosol brings them up again(along with RSI) but you never quite get the mirror finish back.

as phat says mine are diamond cut,

but think i will end up polishing them or get them polished, soon

because they have been diamond cut it makes them a pain in the arse to clean as you have to do it in a circler motion with the grain, they are also starting to show small bits of corrosion even tho i am forever washing and polishing them.

at least if there polished and you lightly kerb or get small bits of corrosion you can rub it back and polish it up again

have a look in the members gallery theres a couple of shots of my wheels on the car

Autosol brings them up again(along with RSI) but you never quite get the mirror finish back.

that's because autosol is abrasive, and should not be used on mirror polished surfaces. it even says so on the packet.

use a liquid polish, like brasso, or Belgom Alu, or a wadding type polish, like duraglit, they don't scratch or dull the alloy.

:o aahh thank god .. mine are mirrored i wash mine every night ..

cheers Phat head your not just ignorant .. you do have some good tips now and again .. :lol:

scruffydubbers are diamond cut, but not lacquered.

you won't find many places willing to lacquer them either.

mine are polished, bare alloy and used daily, and I haven't polished them once since I put them on the car, and there's no corrosion on any of them.

wait till the winter :lol:

that's because autosol is abrasive, and should not be used on mirror polished surfaces. it even says so on the packet.

use a liquid polish, like brasso, or Belgom Alu, or a wadding type polish, like duraglit, they don't scratch or dull the alloy.

:oops: well pointed out, I used it because the brake dust/salt had got to them bad in winter even with regular washing. Your right it shouldn't be used on mirror polished alloy!

as phat says mine are diamond cut,

but think i will end up polishing them or get them polished, soon

because they have been diamond cut it makes them a pain in the arse to clean as you have to do it in a circler motion with the grain, they are also starting to show small bits of corrosion even tho i am forever washing and polishing them.

at least if there polished and you lightly kerb or get small bits of corrosion you can rub it back and polish it up again

have a look in the members gallery theres a couple of shots of my wheels on the car

Found the pics, they look great, who did them for you?

What did you do with the centre caps, did you have them painted/polished or machined to match?

i guy called Elle from edition 38 did all four for me, and fitted my tyres for around £130 :o :D

and i polished the centre caps up.

i can forward his number onto you if you want