annavr6

G60 Bottom radiator hose - tester

Hi All

I have a G60 bottom radiator hose for models with no air con with PG engine code.

Does anyone want to fit it up and test it? Will need some pictures/feedback back in exchange but you can keep it

The sample i have is silicone but it will be manufactured in rubber when it goes into production

Part number is 191-121-051/R

My G60 will be going back together in the next couple of weeks (Super charger failed last year so is currently stripped out). If you can wait that long happy to fit, take pics and provide some feedback.

My G60 will be going back together in the next couple of weeks (Super charger failed last year so is currently stripped out). If you can wait that long happy to fit, take pics and provide some feedback.

Hi

Will see if anyone can do it a little quicker ideally, but if no one comes back to me in the next day or so then i would love to take you up on the offer

I can fit the hose this coming weekend. It's just the photos will be without the supercharger in place (which actually gives more access to take better shots). As such I would not be able to comment on anything other than form and fit.

I can fit the hose this coming weekend. It's just the photos will be without the supercharger in place (which actually gives more access to take better shots). As such I would not be able to comment on anything other than form and fit.

Hi, Drop me your details over and will ship this over to you. Must be not many people with G60s willing to take them apart as you are the only person up for helping

Anna,

The sample hose is a slightly different profile to the original & the end that fits to the rad is smaller making it very difficult to get it over the rad outlet.

I have taken photos of the hoses next to each other and hopefully you can see their lengths & the angle of the end that joins to the metal pipe are different.

I did not fit your hose to the metal pipe; as you can see in the pic the alignment is such the hose runs parallel to it. Fitting would cause the hose to kink.

I also noted the original has a sleeve fitted where it comes into contact with a PAS pipe. Will your production version have this feature?

I'm going to re-fit my original now. Do you want your sample returned?

Edited by marks2

Anna,

The sample hose is a slightly different profile to the original & the end that fits to the rad is smaller making it very difficult to get it over the rad outlet.

I have taken photos of the hoses next to each other and hopefully you can see their lengths & the angle of the end that joins to the metal pipe are different.

I did not fit your hose to the metal pipe; as you can see in the pic the alignment is such the hose runs parallel to it. Fitting would cause the hose to kink.

I also noted the original has a sleeve fitted where it comes into contact with a PAS pipe. Will your production version have this feature?

I'm going to re-fit my original now. Do you want your sample returned?

Hi

Thanks for doing this. This was copied from a Samco hose as i didnt have an original so i think we can say their hose could be a poor fit as this manufacturer is pretty good at getting an exact copy.

The supplier can fit a sleeve, yes. I shall source an original and ship that off to them to make the changes.

The sample hose, keep as a spare or bin it, its a first sample so has no use to us if its not quite right.

Anyone that has a genuine version of this hose i could purchase please let me know

Anna,

I have a spare original. Would you like me to ship it to you?

Got the new sample, can you fit again?

Sure. Do you still have my address?

Dont suppose you fancy fitting 037-103-493/L whilst you are there, Ventilation hose for the rocker cover breather for late G60, L chassis on so August 1989 onwards. Can send them together

sure. No problem. My car is a 92.

Perfect, 2 birds and one stone and all that lol plus you will have some spare hoses as you gave us your bottom hose

Hoses arrived in the post today. Hopefully it will stop raining long enough for me to fit, take photos and write up a quick report!

Hoses arrived in the post today. Hopefully it will stop raining long enough for me to fit, take photos and write up a quick report!

bloody weather. well i am off now until monday. yay

Hi

Any news

Hi Anna,

I fitted the breather pipe on Sunday. I'll have time tomorrow to tackle the bottom hose.

Having removed my original and placed the 2 Breather pipes side by side there are a few very minor differences to note (Anna's breather is the one on the left with the part number written on it).

Anna's hose is slightly wider and appears to have a slightly thicker side wall to the original. This was difficult for me to verify as my hose had gone soft and sticky on the inside where the rubber had started to break down due to age.

The replacement hose is a sung fit under the cut out in the crank case breather and a nice tight fit onto the boost return pipe.

All in all another superb piece of kit from Anna!

Having removed my original and placed the 2 Breather pipes side by side there are a few very minor differences to note (Anna's breather is the one on the left with the part number written on it).

Anna's hose is slightly wider and appears to have a slightly thicker side wall to the original. This was difficult for me to verify as my hose had gone soft and sticky on the inside where the rubber had started to break down due to age.

The replacement hose is a sung fit under the cut out in the crank case breather and a nice tight fit onto the boost return pipe.

All in all another superb piece of kit from Anna!

Hi

Thank you for the feedback, thats awesome. Did i send you the G60 bottom hose too?

There should be a full set of VR6/G60 hoses available soon the way we are cracking through them

Sorry about the delay, I fitted the bottom hose today.

I've taken a pic of the 2 hoses side by side. Anna's is the hose on the right. My VW original is the one on the left.

They look nigh on identical to each other bar the protective cover of the gen VW hose is a little longer. When fitted this makes no difference.

Anna's hose has an identical wall thickness and was fitted with the genunie VW clips. Alignment is once again perfect. Unless you knew otherwise you'd never guess this is not OEM.

I've run it up to temp but not covered any miles. I'll report back when I have. That said the top hose Anna supplied has been on for coming up to 1000 miles and has performed flawlessly.

Once again highly recommended.