GrizzlyBear

Wheel fitment question

Hi all,

I'm looking into some new alloys for my 16v. I have tried searching on here but I struggle to get my head around all the wheel jargon and I'm sorry if this has been asked so many times.

Basically the wheels I want are as follows:

4x100

16"

8J

ET25

195/40/16

Just wanting to know if these will fit my car and not foul/rub on anything, or require arch rolling. I am running standard suspension at the moment and the brakes are standard.

Thanks

hi m8

FYI i run 16's on my valver with 195/45/16 on front & 205/50/16 on the rear (the rear will be changed when tires are worn)

i am unsure of the offset the BBS's have though & their width

there is a website that allows you to enter the old & new wheel info & show you how it fits/fouls - ths one http://www.willtheyfit.com/

hi m8

FYI i run 16's on my valver with 195/45/16 on front & 205/50/16 on the rear (the rear will be changed when tires are worn)

i am unsure of the offset the BBS's have though & their width

there is a website that allows you to enter the old & new wheel info & show you how it fits/fouls - ths one http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Thanks for the link mate, just did my measurements and I'll check it out when I'm back from work.

lol that is the bit i could never figure

should the OE tire size not be 195/50/15 though?

shouldnt be running on a 40 profile for 15's

ha ha tidy lol

from what i can muster you just need to check you currently have greater than 7mm gap horizontally between tire on 15" & the arch

& that the inner side of the tire can move 2.7mm inwards

i think

ha ha tidy lol

from what i can muster you just need to check you currently have greater than 7mm gap horizontally between tire on 15" & the arch

& that the inner side of the tire can move 2.7mm inwards

i think

Yeah sounds good to me mate! I will do some measurements and let you know.

winner :)

fingers crossed

Change of plan now lol, those wheels I initially wanted went for over my budget, so what does a logical person like me do? Goes and buys a set of 17" Corvette C4 saw blades :cool: Did my measurements and they will fit...just...

That it is! makes even a novice like me understand what fitments will work ect...

Indeed! I can work offsets out but only after a few brain farts :lol:

Change of plan now lol, those wheels I initially wanted went for over my budget, so what does a logical person like me do? Goes and buys a set of 17" Corvette C4 saw blades :cool: Did my measurements and they will fit...just...

nice wheel choice, i do like those vette wheels

not so sure you will be liking the ride on your rado with 17's though, i believe ive read on here that they can kinda kill the ride quality

Gold - I've heard but still couldn't resist lol!

Coullstar - They are 8.5 front and 9.5 rear. 36 offset though, and I've spoke to people who ran them and they fit better than you'd think. And yes my friend is making me up some adaptors.

Gold - I've heard but still couldn't resist lol!

Coullstar - They are 8.5 front and 9.5 rear. 36 offset though, and I've spoke to people who ran them and they fit better than you'd think. And yes my friend is making me up some adaptors.

each to their own m8 - hopefully you will like them

wheels have unfortunately always been last on my list but i am hoping i am almost at the pain stage lol

each to their own m8 - hopefully you will like them

wheels have unfortunately always been last on my list but i am hoping i am almost at the pain stage lol

Thanks mate. If I don't get on with them then oh well, always more choices out there. They have been on my list ever since I saw them on an american C and wanted them ever since! hopefully some sensible tires should help aid ride comfort.

Thanks mate. If I don't get on with them then oh well, always more choices out there. They have been on my list ever since I saw them on an american C and wanted them ever since! hopefully some sensible tires should help aid ride comfort.

indeed m8 - i think they are going to look nice

i long for a set of autostrada modena's but i foolishly didnt buy the set that appeared on here a couple of years ago & when i have an occasional search now the prices are huge

oooo air ride!!! is that a to-do or already done?

i watch fast n loud quite a lot & they love air ride. as such i have pondered if a coilover & air ride combo could be done on a rado. i am sure i have seen them do it on a car they want to be able to go low but also retain the decent handling of a strut/spring setup

indeed m8 - i think they are going to look nice

i long for a set of autostrada modena's but i foolishly didnt buy the set that appeared on here a couple of years ago & when i have an occasional search now the prices are huge

oooo air ride!!! is that a to-do or already done?

i watch fast n loud quite a lot & they love air ride. as such i have pondered if a coilover & air ride combo could be done on a rado. i am sure i have seen them do it on a car they want to be able to go low but also retain the decent handling of a strut/spring setup

I do dig those wheels ;)

And I meant it will 'aid' ride comfort lol :lol: but since you mention it I have all the components to put air ride on my old girl it's just a question of when. I'd love to do it now but insurance would be a bomb so I'm holding off for a couple of years yet to build up a NCB.

I bought the parts from america, 4 strut bags and 2 compressors with all the dials and gauges and got a friend in Dallas to post it over, cost me about £1k all together which is damn cheap especially for strut bags. I already had an air tank lying around so I'll use that plus all the fittings.

I plan to put them on coilovers so I can adjust them just right so it'll sit as low as possible(when parked obliviously!).

I will be updating my build thread which I eventually get on with it but when that'll be who knows lol :confused4:

I too enjoy fast and loud, they mostly ruin the cars they build but sometimes they do cool stuff!

I do dig those wheels ;)

And I meant it will 'aid' ride comfort lol :lol: but since you mention it I have all the components to put air ride on my old girl it's just a question of when. I'd love to do it now but insurance would be a bomb so I'm holding off for a couple of years yet to build up a NCB.

I bought the parts from america, 4 strut bags and 2 compressors with all the dials and gauges and got a friend in Dallas to post it over, cost me about £1k all together which is damn cheap especially for strut bags. I already had an air tank lying around so I'll use that plus all the fittings.

I plan to put them on coilovers so I can adjust them just right so it'll sit as low as possible(when parked obliviously!).

I will be updating my build thread which I eventually get on with it but when that'll be who knows lol :confused4:

I too enjoy fast and loud, they mostly ruin the cars they build but sometimes they do cool stuff!

ha ha ha that was some misread i made lol

i like your plan though - & ahhh strut bags, that is the ticket. be nice to see once it makes its way up the to-do list

yes, often they build some odd things but they do some good stuff

ha ha ha that was some misread i made lol

i like your plan though - & ahhh strut bags, that is the ticket. be nice to see once it makes its way up the to-do list

yes, often they build some odd things but they do some good stuff

That's ok mate :) I will of course let you know of any updates, I'm going to get through your build thread soon especially now it's quiet at work ;)