Guest sam1990rhodes

Sam's '95 20VT build thread

Guest sam1990rhodes

Car is back on the road for a bit so no major mechanical changes for a while (hopefully)

Took a drive over to Wales to pick up some Konig K5000's from a chap in Caerphilly. Being 6ft3" and clumsy i highlighted an issue with the cigarette lighter and powering a Sat Nav. After a quick google i found this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86195[/ATTACH]

The plan is to allow me to charge a phone and also power another device i.e. sat nav

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86198[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86201[/ATTACH]

Was a bit of a faff to remove the cigarette lighter socket from the plastic bezel however once removed the charger fit perfectly in to the existing hole so no modification required to the car.

The charger its self is fused so all i had to do was wire it in to the existing Cigarette Lighter loom with spade connectors. At which point I realised the cigarette lighter socket is a 12v constant which would cause an battery drain issue if I left any devices plugged in, I decided to therefore pick-up a 12v switched from the stereo.

Final look:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86204[/ATTACH]

Over all im happy with the final look and at circa £6 on ebay i think a bargain:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222231556368