marks2

Fitting the Girling G60 caliper to a G60

Does anyone know if the Girling G60 twin pot caliper will fit under a stock BBS RZ 15 inch wheel without spacers?

I'd also like to hear from anyone that's run a set. Are they an improvement over the Girling 54 single piston caliper?

Oi, what happened to the crankshaft??

Back to the question, I was gonna fit a set but then bagged a set of 4 pot Brembos so I'm selling them off.

They didn't clear my 15" BBS RM rims., they didn't touch much but just fouled the balance weight that was on the inside of the rim. I was gonna use a set of Fiat 5mm spacers that would have been sufficient to clear the glued on weight. Remember also that the pad will overlap the original g60 disk so in effect, you loose a small portion of the pad that over laps. You'll also need a washer to center the caliper to disk.

Take also into account that they are heavy boat anchors compared to aluminum versions.

Hope that helps a little. Have a look also on Dubsport, there was a great write up on a guy fitted a set onto his track day Vw golf, lots of photos to see too.

Oi, what happened to the crankshaft??
- It's boxed up and ready to ship. I just need to get a quote if you still want it?

I had Girling G60's fitted to my S2 and can't say I was impressed but the Avant was considerable heavier than the Corrado.

I find the G54's lack the initial bite i am used to with modern brakes.

I have a set of 996 mono's with 305mm discs but this kit needs a 16 inch rim and i think it's complete overkill for my needs. I really want to keep the original BBS wheels and do not want to run spacers; i guess i can't have my cake and eat it.

I was gonna do the Vauxhall meriva cdti disc mod too, still got the brand new discs boxed.. Same diameter disc but much bigger surface area compared to the corrado's disc and no overlapping of the pad/disc.

Yeah, Def. get that quote Mark as the engine is just sitting there doing nowt.

Big improvement over the stock single piston caliper. I ran them with Vauxhall discs and stock Pagid S2 pads with a 23mm master cylinder.

Never tried RZs over them, RAs need spacing a bit but G60 steels do fit straight on.