Sign in to follow this  
hazzy38

Rattling from steering column

Hello Guys,

Hoping you can help me....whenever I put my foot down :twisted: i can hear a rattling coming from the steering column (like a loose screw rattling around). It is really annoying and was wandering if anyone else had experienced that and how they fixed it?

Thanks v much :)

I have the same problem, its a strange noise in mine - it sort of sounds like a washer on a screw thats loose.

Ive located it to a loose screw down underneeth and to the left a bit of the spoiler switch, which If I apply some pressure to it - it stops.

Havent got round to replacing the screw in question yet though.

However I would be interested to know if you find that it is something else.

ah-ha! I think we may have just found another Corrado common problem... mice does it as well.... About 3K rpm and it's starting to do my head in... :evil:

lol - yes its doing my head in aswell....and its hard for me to keep the revs under 3000rpm, thats why i got handed 3 penalty points yesterday...the copper was literally hiding in the bushes! and jumped out to pull me over....i did think about driving through him :twisted: but sense prevailed!!! (sorry off topic) but i needed to get it off my chest!

i will let you guys know if i find anything weird in the steering column....

have a good weekend lads..... :lol:

Try taking the lower cowling off the column, One of the screws goes into a metal clip and need to be located carefully, I had the same metal rattle on mine and found the scew was not going into anything (Probably thanks to the monkey that fitted the Clifford)

Funny you say that , because the rattling only started as soon as my avital maxx3 was fitted a few weeks ago!!! :x

Try taking the lower cowling off the column, One of the screws goes into a metal clip and need to be located carefully, I had the same metal rattle on mine and found the scew was not going into anything (Probably thanks to the monkey that fitted the Clifford)

I think this could verry well be what my rattling is caused by... The screw I mentioned in my previous post on this topic feels to be a bit loose and the noise is comming from behind that.