Sign in to follow this  
Jim

G60 Belt Cover

Excuse me for being lame but - the plastic cover that sits over the G60 main belt - do you just unclip the two clips and then unhook it at at the bottom to remove it or is there more to it than that?

Gonna get some talcum on this belt as I can't stand the squeaking any more.

noooooo

under that cover is the cam belt.... is that squeaking u are in big trouble.. as its a cogged belt.

i would think its proberly your pas belt squeaking this is the small one on the botton left of you engine.

Ah... ok.. i'll check that.

The squeaking is from around that area, only appears when its been raining, and fades a little as the engine warms. I've been told its probably just the belt making the noise as a result of the weather changes, and to apply a little talcum powder to it to shut it up...

Need to find a pic of an engine so I can see where the PAS one is.. don't want to talcum the wrong thing!!

Ok - I know this is toothed but it someone could point out where the PAS belt is i'd appreciate it.

I hate being such a newbie at this.. should jack in my IT job and take up work as a workshop apprentice or something in a garage, as I think its far more interesting stuff than bloody computers these days!!

The PAS is the one that goes off the crank pulley and down to 4 o clock. It is the shortest belt on there. Prolly slack if it is sqeaking at all.

Gavin

do is squeal when turning ? the pas belt is the small belt going round the bottom two pulleys inn the front of that above pic..

that pic looks familiar... ;) :lol:

the belt you need to talc will be the one closest to you in that pic... it's the small one at the bottom of the engine... You'll probably find that the talc trick will only work for a few hours with the weather being what it is at the moment...

I'll have some tools with me tomorrow, so if you ask me nicely I may tighten it up for ya... ;) 8)

Hm not exactly in easy reach.

Its not so much a squeal more of a squeak that goes in time with the engine - rev the engine, squeak gets faster, revs dip, squeak goes slower. At idle its squeaking about once every half a second. And as I say, it comes and goes with the weather!

that pic looks familiar... ;) :lol:

the belt you need to talc will be the one closest to you in that pic... it's the small one at the bottom of the engine... You'll probably find that the talc trick will only work for a few hours with the weather being what it is at the moment...

I'll have some tools with me tomorrow, so if you ask me nicely I may tighten it up for ya... ;) 8)

Well I was hoping I could ask you nicely, but I didn't want to hassle you with car questions when you are out to enjoy a show. But... I can't NOT take you up on this. Thanks Henny, you are a top bloke!