Sign in to follow this  
samwell

Stuck in Leeds-Can anyone help

:lol: LOL My C broke down a week ago and Ive been stuk in Leeds for over a week. I have had an interesting time getting my car fixed http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12838 I need to find a competent garage or member to have a look at the electrics asap as I need to get bak home at some stage of my life. :-P

Any help appreciated and cold hard cash waiting for any help given. Cheers

A brief summary is as follows

There appears tp be no live power feed to the ecu? Wiring beyond the bulkhead being different colours to that in the engine bay and fuse board are making life no easier! The car is now running due to a fused wire, as a bypass to the ecu from the coil. At the moment this is the only reason the car is running, but three times since this fuse has blown and the car has then stopped running. There is also a problem with the engine shutting off at 5000rpm with a missfire, not sure if this is due to electric load on the wire used or leads/plugs breaking down?

My mate has lent me a van to get home in. But my car has had to remain behind in Leeds. So I still need some recommended garages/or sparkies. Thanks in advance :afro:

Why do you say there is no power to the ECU? Cos there is no spark? Or have you checked with a voltmeter using the wiring diagrams as a reference.

A couple of things come to mind. There is an ECU relay which are a fairly common failure. If that is it you can replace or fix it. Often it is just a dry soldered joint inside.

The second thing could be the Hall Sender in the dissy. Easy to check using an LED or get another dissy and plug it into the lead. With the ign on spin the shaft and check for sparks from the king lead.

Gavin

Ring PAUL HOLDERNESS - he is a top mobile mechanic who knoes his vdubs

07774 934006 - tell him his nephew - Matt sent you - top bloke

Cheers Guys. I cant really tell u where the car is as i might get people in trouble. However u guys at German and Swedish might have been shown it a few times. I will be up in leeds this weekend so I will be contacting some of you nearer that time.

Thanks again.

The car is apprently running at 7000 rpm now which is an improvement but its still poppin fuses.