jaybo

Weird Window Issue

Odd I thought I posted about this and couldn't find it. That explains the no responses! :-)

My windows are doing an odd thing. Both the up and down on all three swithces make the window go down. down=down and up=down. I tried a new window module and had no joy. It was all working fine but when i got back in to the car this started happening.

Any ideas? The motors themselves are ok as I had to wire them straight to a spare batt to get them back up again.

Cheers

Jason

Check out the wiring connections are not Corrored and not spread apart going to the window motors

Also check the wiring in the rubber sleeve from the A post to door + wiring blocks

I've checked the motor cables and the loom on the drivers side and all looks good.

I can only think it a sheared wire from the fuse box to the rear module? The fact that all three swithces are only going down/down must mean something furhter back?

Cheers

Jason

I work for a Renault dealership,when l get a Renault magane doing this it is corroded wiring as a the reg is not getting a command to send the windows up,this may be different on a VW.Have you tryed window switches.as you say the motors are ok as it will go up on a separate feed.

Get a wiring dieagram and start checking the wiring.l have been 8 hours on one car sorting the wiring out. So allow some time for the checks

Best of luck. When you find it let us know.