Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

Clifford problem

I have a concept 500 clifford alarma nd its gone quiet. I ahven't checked the alarm siren yet but i don;t get and chirps. They just stopped.

Any ideas, even if i go into valet m ode i get no chirps at all. What ever i do.

Beavisjem

Oh and can you transfer the warrenty from a previous owner

battery in the siren is dead or you've permenantly activated "silent chirps" or you are pressing the wrong button!

Valet mode shouldn't give you chirps anyway.

Download the manual, check the siren output with a voltmeter, you may need the wiring instructions to check the voltages

I had no end of problems with my old clifford concept, used to chirp when it wanted to, went off whenever a cat looked at it, and wouldnt go off if the cat was sat on the bonnet the perimeter sensor was useless. I know you used to be able to swap it between cars with the warranty intact if done by a clifford dealer but dont know about selling it on to someone else I would imagine that would invalidate the warranty.

OK i can do an alarm test so the siren is fine, and it also beeps at you for ythe proximity sensors.

Just no chirps, and i can;t reset the alarm in valet mode because i can;t hear the chirps to get to the reset function, don;t really want to pay £100 to get it fix, just not yet.

BEavisjem

The donor car that I scrapped had 3 reciepts for replacement sirens, seems you may have the same issue.

you could try a reset but if it doesn´t fix it then your even more screwed. as you would need to set up the lot again

But i the siren works, the alram works, it all works but no chirps. I don;t think the chirps come from the siren.

I haven;t had any problems with the alarm just no chirps.

BEavisjem

I don;t know how to check, you ahve to go into valet mode to turn them off/on but you need the chirps to help you select the menu to turn them on.

Can you turn the chirps on/off from the remote?

Thanks for the help G60jet, didn;t mean to questiont he siren thing, just odd that the alarm goes off and the proximity sensor works but no chirps.

I will have another look

cheers

Mine has the same problem. I disconnected the battery on the car left it for a while and then the alarm chirpped when I put it back on, it's now been a week and the chirps hav gone again. But the alarm still works fine.

Sounds like another clifford gremlin :mad: :roll:

as stated above, when putting the alarm into valet mode you don't get chirps, the indicators simply flash once and the light stays on. (if anyone else's is different, please post up).

to get into valet mode, press the small button on the right of the remote twice, then the big button.

A mate of mine with a Concept 500 has the exact same problem.. it comes and goes as and when it feels like it.

The alarm works, and the dualzone gets angry if you get near the car... but he just doesn't seem to get arm / disarm chirps!

Q di you or have driven through large puddels lately. After a motorway trip when it was pouring down my chirping stopped and what i found after some investigation was that if water has got into the alarm housing from the underneath it will just sit there and stop the chirps. Just undo the housing i seem to remember on the rear of the siern there are two holes which have two crosshead screws in them undo these and the front of the siern will be loose. Move it away from main part of houseing and turn it upside down. I could not beleive how much water was in mine.

get the manuals from http://www.clifford.com go to the american site and get the users and wiring manuals, i think the concept 500 is a 50xuk or something on that site. cliffords US technical dept are very helpful, but you need to phone them in the middle of the night to get them at work