Demon

Hail from Finland

Hi there,

Just got my first Corrado today and I'm stocked :cheers::cool:

Bought it from a friend of mine who had it supercharged and now I'm picking the pieces :scratch:

It's a -92 (i think), vr6 with Vortech v1 supercharger. Intake mani has been taken of and so is the charger. Need to put everything back together and tidy up the whole car :D

Been reading a while here and there. This C isn't my first vw or even first vr6, but first forced induction :D

Gotta take pics and keep kinda logbook.

Oh. Just like the title says I'm from Finland and winter is about to kick in so I have long nights ahead of me :)

Cheers:pirate:

Hello mate, welcome

Take some pictures of the progress you take

Bet it’ll look awesome when it’s done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said. This is my first corrado but not first volkswagen. But will definetly ask all kinda questions :D

GlosterOx: yeah it's beautiful in here. Winter usually takes six months So long time to build and tweak :D

Is anywhere working web based etka?

I used vag-cat for many years, but that site has siezed.. need to look part pics for how this are assembeld.

Are here any diy's for like taking bumpers of? Mirrors? Mirrors I actually have a clue :)

Need to paint the car closer to spring. And the colour I have in mind is Toyota 040 super white. It's whole lotta whiter than original alpine white.

What differences are early and late fogs? Bumpers should be same thru all years and engines..?

Should rear arch suppose to have rubbery seal (kinda like sika-flex seals) in them? I’m going to roll my rear arches at some point and inspected them the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Early type fog lamps were fitted to the first versions of corrado (89-90/'91).

The glass can't be seperated easiliy from the plastic surround whilst the first series fog lamps are seperate units that rarley crack, (unlike the later versions) and can be changed seperatly.

Early fog lamps look shiyte and are worth virtually fuk all, whilst the second series units are sometimes worth more than the entire car..

Probably seam sealant present on the inner arch areas because there aren't any arch liners present like the ones fitted up front that protect the metal from mud, rain water etc, just scrape it off and reapply something similuer once you've done the rolling.

Edited by VEEDUBBED

Last weekend was success. We got the engine running! Whoppee!! :cheers::cheers:

Friend tigwelded chargepipe together

https://janne1.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Corrado/IMG_4981.jpg

https://janne1.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Corrado/IMG_4982.mov

Still need to do:

Wired and install wideband

Bypass (waiting to arrive)

Check radiator fans wiring

Then some little driving around so we know everything works and nothing leaks. Then we need to tune the ****er :cool:

hey that looks (and sounds) awesome. congrats on the good job you've done and good luck with what's left to do :)

how's the winter in Finland? I've been thinking of coming to live there for half a year maybe. Love you country and people (have met some at Uni), and when I see beautiful nature and houses like this https://tranio.com/finland/adt/1671277/ I just feel that that's really where I belong. This theory needs checking :D

Thanks.

Winter has been little wobbly. There was almost two weeks when we have minus 10-15 celsius degrees. Now it’s minus one or two. I live in Lahti and we have better snow situation than in Helsinki .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro