Staffan

G60 boosts too much

If the cat or silencers were indeed buggered, I reckon the engine wouldn't rev that high to cause an overboost, you'd probably get the exhaust manifold glowing red hot too.

Get a decent boost gauge and don't tap into the fpr's feed hose, it needs its own independent line, preferably the original g60 boost signal pipe that is connected to the blue boost sensor located on the back of the instrument panel, as the factory originally provided.

You could also use the inbuilt MFA's boost function too.

Seems logic. When I found another grader I´ll definitely get a good gauge.

Edited by Staffan

I finally found a used, but according to seller, well working g lader. I´m going to tear it apart and renovate it. But before installing it I got to figure out what made the old one break down? Is it possible that the symtoms on my car was due to a failing charger? What confuses me is that the gauge showed 1,5 bar while the engine lost its power.

I don´t want to risk exploding a newly renovated g lader. First thing to check is the exhaust and cat.

Edited by Staffan

IMHO it is unlikley that your symptoms were due to a failing charger

G60's tend to fail in one of 2 ways; seal / bearing wear resulting in loss of boost or the timing belt / displacer bearings failure resulting in the scrolls locking up.

Have you checked the timing belt on your old one? Is it intact?

IMHO it is unlikley that your symptoms were due to a failing charger

G60's tend to fail in one of 2 ways; seal / bearing wear resulting in loss of boost or the timing belt / displacer bearings failure resulting in the scrolls locking up.

Have you checked the timing belt on your old one? Is it intact?

Timing belt and timing is checked and ok. It started and re- started real easy and the idling was perfect. It revved up 3500 rpm as it should.

Could the symtoms cause the breakdown?

Edited by Staffan

I was referring to the timing belt on the supercharger not the timing belt on the engine.

Out of interest what failed on your supercharger?

I was referring to the timing belt on the supercharger not the timing belt on the engine.

Out of interest what failed on your supercharger?

OK The timing belt (18 mm) on the charger is in very good condition. What do you mean "out of interest"????

"out of interest" is an English saying. He means he is interested to know what caused the problem.

Thank you for the clarification:) Linguistic confusion!! Yes I am also out of interest what failed my g lader.