Sign in to follow this  
DELG60

G60 HIGH TEMPS

i have a problem with my g60 it always seems to run really hot recently i changed the exhause ststem and now the inside of the car is like a boiler. i have had the exhaust refitted and extra heat shields put on the car but still after 20 miles the passenger footwells and rear seat areas are hot and i mean hot as soon as i am in trafiic the water temp flies past 110 and the oil reading is 108+ and its like sitting in a sweat shop. anybody else had this or has anyone got any ideas to fix it . i am thinking i might have to change the exhaust back to a standard unit help appreciated

post de-capped-vr6storm

No knowledge really but...

oil/coolant temp. are about the norm!

dont think it can be the exhaust, maybe something simple like the (oh what are those cables that move with the slider controls on the heater called???) heater getting stuck on???

otherwise open your windows and sunroof!!!! :oops:

benji16v, Bowden mate... ;)

What exhaust system have you had put on DELG60? the tunnel and back seats on my car have gotten warm ever since I put my stainless exhaust on, but not hot, and I don't notice the interior being hotter than it was before... :|

I have a scorpion cat back system with a twin style dtm back box

which I had lowered away from the underneath of the car last week

have checked and it is not touching any where along the body I wondered if the cat was on the way out? I am getting so pee ed off driving round in it I am starting to think I might sell it this is my first g60 having had 3 vr6s no probs with the vr6 this one something needs doing every month and its usually about £150 quid

*mod edit - Decapped your post for you, please turn off your caps lock - Henny*

I don't think you can really rule out G60's as being unreliable on the basis of owning one that seems troublesome when 3 vrs you had before were ok. I am sure there are plenty of VR owners who will have wanted to beat their cars to death at soem point too! And likewise, plenty of happy G60 owners!

Anyway, good luck in sorting it - as others have said, your temps sound about spot on. Anything between 100 and 120+ is in the 'normal zone' for oil temps.