_Matt_

Rust on sill/door aperture and some pics from underneath

Hi all,

New owner here - I've posted in the newbie forum with some pictures.

I've got some rust on sills/door aperture and have noticed whilst cleaning that water collects here. I'm wondering what's causing water to end up sitting down here - is it door seals? Mine look old.. pictures of the rust attached.

The plan is to get the rust repaired and have the underside fixed up and undersealed. I've taken some pictures (not that great) and it would be good to get opinions. I don't think it's too bad and I think it's just on the surface as i can't poke through anything so hopefully I am going to catch it all in time.

The rear beam looks like it's been painted in something black too, not sure what - hammerite like - would that be just cosmetic or to offer greater protection?

In terms of terminology - what is the front and rear subframe? One of the MOT's said the rear was "corroded but not seriously weakened". Is that the thing I'm calling the rear beam that has been painted black?

I've not had a classic for 15 years and I'm looking forward to getting back into working and looking after my car.

Cheers for any help and I hope one day I'll be able to offer some in return once I get going!

Matt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]91612[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]91615[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]91618[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]91621[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]91624[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]91627[/ATTACH]