_Matt_

OEM G60 rear spring length & using it on a VR6..

Hi,

Random request – anyone got a spare OEM early year rear spring lying around they could measure the length of – I think it’s probably 330mm? A G60 spring would be perfect as I’m pretty sure they were all early Corrados.

Background to the request. I have a late VR6 and in my opinion it sits too high. I want to remain OEM for originality and ride comfort and I like the height of the early Corrados and have to do some suspension work to replace the front shocks anyway. I know the VR6’s had modified front suspension which was about 15mm higher than the original cars. I’ve been googling and can see a variety of rear springs lengths available – 310mm, 330mm, 338mm and 345mm. 345mm is commonly the length of the late VR6 spring length.

https://www.motor-doctor.co.uk/suspension-springs/vw/corrado/corrado-53i/1753-1-8-g60

I think 330mm was probably the length of the G60 and if I buy those for my VR6 alongside some 15mm front lower caps I should achieve an early Corrado’s ride height on my late car, thus avoiding shelling out 600 quid on a B12 kit and forgoing the nice ride quality of the original set up.

Please shout if I am missing something here.

Cheers,

Matt

Are you after the measurement when compressed on shock or un compressed? I have some springs from my 92 G60 from when I changed to AP's which you can have for free.

Thanks, it’s un compressed off shock please. Cheers!

And if they are 330mm I’ll take em and send you over some postage :)

Thanks for the offer SR_Neale but I@ve stopped fannying about with the suspension and just gone ahead and bought a B12 kit from Larkspeed. Hopefully I won't have the rear spring issues but they've said they'll sort it if I do.

Hi, Im getting my 89 g60 back to stock and would love to have the springs. Are only the rear or the front ones as well? Only problem Im a bit far, Athens, Greece. Dont want them for free and can send you the shipping if it can be worked out.If not no worries!

Hi, Im getting my 89 g60 back to stock and would love to have the springs. Are only the rear or the front ones as well? Only problem Im a bit far, Athens, Greece. Dont want them for free and can send you the shipping if it can be worked out.If not no worries!

Have fronts and rear which you are more welcome too. Also have shocks but doubt they are much good. Pm me with address and we can get something arranged.

Hi,

Random request – anyone got a spare OEM early year rear spring lying around they could measure the length of – I think it’s probably 330mm? A G60 spring would be perfect as I’m pretty sure they were all early Corrados.

Background to the request. I have a late VR6 and in my opinion it sits too high. I want to remain OEM for originality and ride comfort and I like the height of the early Corrados and have to do some suspension work to replace the front shocks anyway. I know the VR6’s had modified front suspension which was about 15mm higher than the original cars. I’ve been googling and can see a variety of rear springs lengths available – 310mm, 330mm, 338mm and 345mm. 345mm is commonly the length of the late VR6 spring length.

https://www.motor-doctor.co.uk/suspension-springs/vw/corrado/corrado-53i/1753-1-8-g60

I think 330mm was probably the length of the G60 and if I buy those for my VR6 alongside some 15mm front lower caps I should achieve an early Corrado’s ride height on my late car, thus avoiding shelling out 600 quid on a B12 kit and forgoing the nice ride quality of the original set up.

Please shout if I am missing something here.

Cheers,

Matt

a bit late but early g60's rear springs were 309 mm, they used to ride much lower and stiffer than later models.