tonytiger

Power Steering Cooling Pipe

Hello. It’s been a while since I posted here, but I’ve finally started to resurrect my corrado.

It’s a vr6 and I think I need to replace (amongst other things) the power steering cooling pipe that runs under the radiator. I can only seem to find replacements for 16v models, with part number 535 422 896A. Looking in the parts diagram though, it lists suffix B for the vr6.

Does anybody know if the A part can be tweaked to fit a vr6, or where I can get hold of the correct part?

I’ve tried a search on the forum, but couldn’t find an answer.

Thank you.

Hello there,

below is a link to a thread that I replied to with most of the power steering pipes for a Corrado VR6

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?107417-VR6-Power-Steering-Pipe

As far as I know VW Classic Parts only list the one pipe that fits under the radiator,

I ordered one through VW Heritage back in early July, I spoke to Ben in sales he said possibly Classic only list the one pipe in question for the Corrado.

I bought one for my 2.0 16v

Si

Thanks Si. Maybe there’s negligible difference between them - it’s just a bit pricey if I order one and it doesn’t fit! I guess I’ll need them to confirm first one way or the other whether it should fit.

On Classic it says from 1989 to 1995

But like you say probably best to check with one of the sales team at VW Heritage first.

Si

Just heard back from classic parts - they’ve confirmed it is a different pipe for vr6, and it’s no longer available. Oh well. Guess I’ll have to see if it can be salvaged when I remove it. Hopefully it just looks a lot worse than it really is, otherwise I’ll have to improvise something.

I presume there the same diameter of pipe between the 4 cyl and VR6 Corrado's,

is it just then the angle at which they bend under the radiator differs slightly, or are the two fixing brackets attached to the VR6 pipe wider a part compared to that of the 4 cyl one ?

Si

Edited by vw rule

Without a 16v pipe (or at least the measurements) to compare with I’m not sure how different they are. However, I’ve now got the pipe off and it doesn’t look quite as bad as I’d feared so I’m hopefully I can clean it up (without it going into holes) and repaint it. Fingers crossed!