modeliuks

Corrado shifter bottom guide dimensions

Hello there,

I don't know the measurements of the item in question, but the part number I think is

357 711 112D for the whole selector gear shaft as I don't think you can purchase the plastic / nylon guide on it's own, you have to purchase the whole shaft, but the problem is it's been obsolete for a few years now,

I've had a look on VW Classic Parts but looks as if it's still not available at the moment.

I believe some people have replaced the whole shaft for the MK3 Golf one as that is actually listed on Classic Parts, the only snag is you might have to change a few other bits over to make the MK3 Golf shaft fit correctly.

Also I think the MK3 one is slightly taller but only just,

and the plastic / nylon guide is slightly wider than the Corrado one.

But like I say I don't think you can just purchase the plastic guide, you have to get the whole shaft.

Si

Edited by vw rule

Hello there,

I don't know the measurements of the item in question, but the part number I think is

357 711 112D for the whole selector gear shaft as I don't think you can purchase the plastic / nylon guide on it's own, you have to purchase the whole shaft, but the problem is it's been obsolete for a few years now,

I've had a look on VW Classic Parts but looks as if it's still not available at the moment.

I believe some people have replaced the whole shaft for the MK3 Golf one as that is actually listed on Classic Parts, the only snag is you might have to change a few other bits over to make the MK3 Golf shaft fit correctly.

Also I think the MK3 one is slightly taller but only just,

and the plastic / nylon guide is slightly wider than the Corrado one.

But like I say I don't think you can just purchase the plastic guide, you have to get the whole shaft.

Si

Thank you for your answer, but I am aware of the golf mk3 shifter and that it fits the corrado with slight modifications.

I want to know the dimensions of the plastic guide, so I can design it in 3D and try to get it 3D printed

I'll check through the Bentley manual this evening after work, plus I'll have another search online after work to see if I can find anything else.

But other then that you might have to post up a new thread in the wanted section, to see if anyone has a new one that they're willing to measure the dimensions of for you.

Or it's to contact your local VW Dealer and see if they're able to help or not, depending if that info is available still on their Parts database.

The only other possibility is to contact VW Classic Parts in Germany to see if they've got any info regarding the item in question, or to see if it's a part they might reproduce ??

Si

I've found someone on the VW VORTEX FORUM whose actually managed to measure the plastic / nylon guide,

the one from the Corrado but they did this back in October of 2015,

his Forum name is (CYBERSTASI) but he hasn't been on the Forum for almost 2 years now.

The only other person to speak to on that Forum is (ERIC D) who was on the VORTEX FORUM yesterday,

if you send him a PM he might be able to help.

Here's a link below to the thread I found on the VW VORTEX FORUM

https://forums.mwerks.com/showthread.php?7246685-Anyone-have-a-Corrados-Shifter-Lever-guide-I-can-borrow

I've had a search but can't find any other info regarding the measurements you need,

the only measurements I can find are for the MK3 Golf selector shaft on the VW Classic Parts site.

Si

I've got my short shift stick, It has the bush on it although it is black, rather than the yellowy one in the pic in your post. Would that do for dimensions?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95235[/ATTACH]

Edited by Tigerfish