Sign in to follow this  
Andy Brookes

Bournemouth Area Corrado's

Hi All,

Just driving though my little home town of Verwood (near Bournemouth) and passed 2 Corrado's, not a common sight here. The first was a Storm driven by a pensioner with his blue rinse in the passenger, Green with a 5 figure personal plate. The next was a F plate Black LHD G60 on phat Borbets (anyone here??). I know we have a few members in Bournemouth including......

Me

James Renshaw (Purple G60 on Porker rims)

John Munyard (aka Corozin and Chairman of CCGB, Midnight Blue VR on Kahns)

Woody (Blue G60)

James20vtBournemouth (Blue 20VT)

Daz King (Not on this forum, Blue Storm on BBS RK's)

But who else is lurking about these parts????

I am in Southampton and regulary nip into Salisbury (plus some parts of Dorset), if any one wanted a mini-meetup I'd certainly be game!

Edit would luv to see the Audi/Porsche/VW Corrado :),!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be up for a meet (weekday evening PUB = Lager Shandy ) there are quite a few corrados in the bournemouth area. The amount of bit i have bought for my C from people who have pcs but didn't think of looking on the computer when they have a problem.

I live in West Sussex but regularly go over to Ferndown to visit mother-in-law, would be up for a weekend meet

Andy,

I have a few phone numbers in the phone book. I believe Richard Bloomfield may have recently sold his car though.

Funnily enough I came across Ram (who used to be a frequent poster on here) earlier this evening near Merley. His car is still looking good..

I'm a bit tied up for the next couple of weeks, but maybe we could do a night in a local pub mid August ?- am happy to make some calls.

John

p.s. My car isn'tt on Kahn's ! I have Mim Amalfi 's - more expensive than Kahn's, and nicer looking too IMHO !

I would be there. Brando and anyone else you can have a look at my "Audi/Porsche/VW Corrado" any time you like.

So pick a date then and get this sorted. How about next Sunday (8th August)??

I can add a couple more to the list of Corrados in and around Bournemouth.

Andy Brookes (Silver VR)

(Me) James Renshaw (Purple G60 on Porker rims)

John Munyard (aka Corozin and Chairman of CCGB, Midnight Blue VR on Kahns)

Woody (Blue G60)

James20vtBournemouth (Blue 20VT)

Daz King (Not on this forum, Blue Storm on BBS RK's)

Simon Johnson (Slammed Black 16v)

Paul Wills (Slammed Red 16v)

J

.... and there's Marc (VR6) and Jason (VR6 on split rims) and Shah (yellow G60) + about 10 other club members all on Bournemouth postcodes.

Nexty Sunday you say? I think that sounds do-able. I will call the Weymouth lads too & see if they're about & up for it. Suggest we go to the Smuggler's Haunt (on the A31 nr Ferndown) again, if only because they have a big car park & they didn't seem to mind us turning up in numbers before?

James/Andy - can you consider ringing around your Club GTi mates & inviting them too? More dubbers the merrier I reckon. So - if anyone reading this thinks they can do a trip to just north of Bournemouth next Sunday let us know!

John

Any chance we could make it the sunday after as my car is going to 16vG60's place in russington for project Nosejob. That would be sunday 15th otherwise if not i will have to turn up in my girlfriends bogey green polo. :lol:

I am off on a trackday driving Porkers and Ferraris the weekend after so would not be able to come. :p At least you can still come next Sunday.

Keep it Sunday 8th of August I reckon. :)

So Smugglers Haunt Pub off the A31 just outside Ferndown. 1pm Sunday lunchtime....

Should see a good 20 Rados I reckon. I will get on it.

Jay

Sounds like a plan Jay. I've texted Kev in Weymouth yesterday and he's speaking to the lads down there about coming up. Funnily enough I actually saw Jason in town last night and he seems up for it too.

Oh bo**ocks aright i will be there but i'm not parking my Girlfirend Polo antwhere near the pub.

Mate we will leave you a space so you get pride of place! :)

People from anywhere south of London have no excuse to not make it down, especially as we come all the way up to No RIce in Guilford. There should be a good number from Bournemouth alone, let alone the rest of you.

There has not been a local meet for a good while, so lets make it a good one.

Jay.

Damn it, I am surfing in Devon next w/e but I will do my damn dest to catch some early waves and then head on up!

Just back from a stag weekend in Edinburgh (still feeling a little rough after finishing drinking at 7.30 this morning in the hotel bar....ohhhhh!), so have not been on since friday. Next weekend is bad for me i'm afraid, got to go to my parents with the girlfriends parents, sh1t!

Woody suggested a weekday evening, thats sounds good as weekends always seem to be full up for most people.

If sunday goes ahead, i'll be there in spirit!

Next week would probaly be good as I still havent got my new wheels (hopefully this end of this week) and am currently running around on the space saver as this happened to my front tyre!!!

How about next Thursday the 12th, say 7.30 on......

Alright there,

Joined forum when got the Corrado a couple of months back, seen a couple of C's round Bournemouth but only just found this thread.

Live Tuckton end of Southbourne, drivin a K reg green VR6.

Rad to know there are some drivers with taste in this town!

J

Welcome Junbao,

Havent seen you around as yet.

As its no-rice next week, shall we make it the week after on thursday? Means woody will have his back from project nose job, I should defo have my new wheels and not have to turn up on the space saver, cant think of any other reasons! So thats thursday the 19th.

Andy