Sign in to follow this  
deag

bentley vs. porter

I'm looking into getting a manual, and was looking for recommendations for either bentley or porter manuals... or any other I've missed.

Any thoughts?

deag.

Bentely is vastly superior to the Porter manual.. but then that is reflected in the price.

You can pick up the porter manual for a few quid on eBay but the Bentley is around £80 on Amazon IIRC, and is geared for LHD US models only - so G60 and SLC - no 16v!

You'd probably be best off picking up both, so you have info on the 16v engine in the Porter manual and the rest of the car in the Bentley!

tbh given that you have a 1.8 16v and the bentley really only covers the engines and associated running gear of the G60 and VR6......though all the trim/common Corrado parts are covered etc............you're best bet is the Lyndsay Porter manual.......also cheaper too......but don't pay over £10 for one....

buy these three haynes manuals and you'll have pretty much all the info you'll ever need... ;) 8)

MKII Golf

Passat 92-> 96

MKIII Golf (only really of use if you have a VR6)

You'll have to work out which is closest to your Corrado out of each of the 3, but the Corrado was basically built out of the mechanicals from those 3 cars, so all is VERY similar... 8)

You can buy the Bentley Manual at ebay.com brand new for $75 USD = £41 GBP 8)

Even with postage i think it will still be cheaper. :)

i found this russian web address somewhere on the forum website. ive not used the information yet so i dont know how good it is but its free! b4 u ask yes it is in english. ive bound it up and indexed it an dit looks ther part anyway.

http://volkswagen.msk.ru/