Peacedub

Ko3/Ko3s charge pipe and N75 connections

Hey all,

So I've been sorting all the pipework on my 20vt (renewing, replacing rubber hoses and a new charge pipe setup (Trackslag). My engine is an AUQ but I believe it is running a K03 instead of the K03s. I say this because I have 2 pipes going to my turbo from the N75 (1 to the turbo housing and 1 to the wastegate actuator). Am I right in saying this is indeed a Ko3? *scratch that, I've just checked and it's a ko3s* but I have a nozzle on the aluminium part where TIP connects to the turbo if that makes sense. This is where 1 of the hoses connects from the N75, the other to actuator wastegate. On my previous Ko3s cars, 1 went to wastgate actuator and 1 to the charge pipe. I'm trying to eliminate a boost spike when hitting redline that sends the car into limp mode. So I'm starting by replacing all hoses and upgrading general pipework to eliminate leaks and I also want to buy one of Tragslags charge pipes but that has a pipe connection on for the N75 which I don't need in this setup? Hope this makes sense!

Steve

Edited by Peacedub

I also have auq in my rado. I'm not sure on the stock setup as I have simplified the vacuum pipe setup (Google 1.8t delete) but my n75 goes to tip, inlet manifold (vacuum) and wastegate actuator.

\Paddy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97123[/ATTACH]

So this is my turbo. Notice the brass coloured nozzle on TIP intake. This is what my N75 attaches to and also the wastegate on other side

Edited by Peacedub

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97124[/ATTACH]

This is where the go from the N75. So what can I do when I install my new charge pipe? Just blank off the inlet for where the N75 usually goes?

I have that blanked on my tip and have used a different inlet on the tip for the n75.

For the charge pipe trackslag give an option with single outlet if you have done the cold side relocate of the diverter valve.

\Paddy

Trackslag didn't have any single outlet and stated I'd have to wait until the next batch was manufactured so I purchased the 2 outlet one. Do you have a picture of your setup please? Need to get my head round this as I'm confused as hell! My other AUQ and ARY never had the connection on the tip turbo inlet. Your help so far has been much appreciated

That's great, pics will certainly help. I'm running standard TIP at the minute just while I get other bits sorted as the price is starting to stack up and I have other car projects on too but I will get one eventually

I've uploaded a few photos here: http://s696.photobucket.com/user/paddyc26/library/20v

I'm in the process of fitting new charge pipe and engine cover and rerouting some wiring/hoses so it's a bit of a mess at the moment.

I can't find my original tip to see if it had outlet near turbo inlet like yours but I'm pretty sure it had.

TIP has 3 connections : puck valve for pcv system, n75, diverter valve

5 Inlet manifold vacuum ports in use: brake booster, fuel pressure regulator, diverter valve, pcv system, n75

No outlets on hot side of turbo.

\Paddy

erm, now I am confused? you are running a completely different set up (BAM Ko4 inlet manifold etc). Looking at some engine diagrams it shows the EVAP system connecting to TIP low down near the turbo. The creations motorsport silicone TIP also shows a connection far down the TIP near the turbo. Is this for evap? if so can I swap my N75 connection and replace it with the EVAP and then put the N75 connection on my charge pipe?

I feel like a proper newbie! my head is ready to pop trying to figure this out. It shouldn't be this difficult

Sussed it. The pipe that goes to the lower metal tip is from the evap system which has now been deleted. This hose was plugged into my N75 instead of being plugged and away from any system, FFS! no wonder I was going into limp mode on full boost. This has literally driven me up the wall. Thanks anyway for your info