Brunty's Dad

Offside wing

After 18 months SORN my VR6 sailed through the MOT and it feels really good to have some real grunt under my foot again. The bodywork is generally in excellent condition with the exception of the offside wheel arch. The body shop tell me that if the rust is coming through from inside it may require welding so I am looking for a good condition wing in any colour. Also some advice, how easy/difficult is replacing a wing. If I can get a wing sprayed off the car and fit it myself it would save a lot of money.

If the rest of the wing isn't too bad welding might be your best bet. All second hand wings I've seen have some rust either at the bottom or on the arch. There are some new ones on ebay occasionally, at around the £530 mark.

Getting them off isn't fun either - remove the arch liner and then quite a few bolts along the top, one underneath and a couple behind the bumper (yep, it has to come off). The whole edge of the inside of the wing that meets the a pillar is caked in underseal, and there's a bolt hidden under the sealant too. Getting it off is hard work, with generally poor accees