Sign in to follow this  
G60

whats the deal with digi?

so i'm helping my friend setup his girlfriend's 92 jetta... digifant 2, and i notice that the digi2 book i have is dated back to 1988 golf/jetta and on. so then.. why does the 1990 corrado have digi1?

i had always assumed that digi2 replaced digi1 but added some shite that wasn't really necessary and that is why G60 guys prefer digi1 (and thanks to sns :p).

but now i'm thinking that digi1 and digi2 existed together, and were just two different setups for different applications.. ie: one is naturally aspirated, one is blown.

so then... what other cars use digi1? whats the deal, really? cuz i'm just spewin this out my ass. :? :D

Digifant 2 sounds like a stripped down, cheaper version of 1 to me.

Digifant I and Digifant II

Digifant I -- The Digifant I system is found in the Vanagon, the Corrado G-60 and all 1991 and 1992 California-specification Golfs and Jettas.

Digifant I uses adaptive control and has an On Board Diagnosis (OBD) component which can store fault codes. See the Bentley manual for how to read fault codes from Digifant I.

Digifant II -- Found on later 1987 Golfs and Jettas. Found on all Canadian and US (except California) Golfs and Jettas from 1988 to 1992. The Digifant II computer does not use adaptive control and does not store fault codes.

ah.. thus the reason why the mechanics at the stealer don't think they can read faults on my car, even when i keep saying they can. they think its digi2.

thanks joe.