Sign in to follow this  
Skag

Help Exterior Window Scraper

Hi,

I've finished a re paint on my 93 VR and I need Driver & Passenger exterior window scraper seal

Does anyone have any solutions for me, no parts available and the Vortex recommended Ford Cougar seals but these are obsolete also 😞

Your help would be appreciated?

Thanks Craig. 

Vr.jpg

There was a group buy being put together for scoping out a potential remanufacture of these. At the last count there were roughly 60 names on the list but by the looks of things this still wasn't sufficient to get thing moving and it's come to a stop unfortunately. 

These remain one of the biggest challenges when getting a car resprayed and I think the only option at the moment is to fit used ones (which often get bent when removing) or try to mod some from other vehicles which is a further challenge in itself. 

Can you not use the originals? - or are they proper mullered?

If you have bent them upwards (into a banana shape), you _could_ rescue the aluminium structure with a heat gun, firm/controlled hand manipulation and lots of patience.

Then slide them on from the front of the door pushing towards the back. Also the rubber bit has some locating lugs moulded into it - where it wraps over the frame of the door.