Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

Scottish VW Festival at Biggar

Anyone been before or going this year? Is it any good or mostly an aircooled thing?

Ive never been to a vw show before so am thinking about making this one my first.

was for the first time last year on the sunday.............its a mix of both air-cooled and water-pumpers....though as its on a show ground it can be a bit of a mudbath if it rains

saturday 24th and sunday 25th may, think ill be going on the Sunday. Anyone know how much the entry fees are?

Great, I think I'll be able to make that one no probs. See you there.

Ok, I sent an email asking for more info, heres the reply:

HI

The show covers alltypes of VW's> , there are a selection of traders including

clubs, VW dealers, traders selling new and used VW parts and much more.

Admission prices are £5.00 per person or 2 day admisssion of £9.00 per person.

On site camping is available at £3.50 per unit per night but should be booked in

advance, if you would like an info. leaftlet and booking forms please forward

your address.

Jean

anyone know if the club will have any sort of prescence there ie a stand or anything.

Would like to meet up with some guys again after star day as it was a good laugh

cheers

paul

Who's going from aberdeen? Roddy? Paul? Ross? Any definates? I quite fancy it. Never been. Went to inters, might as well give this a look

I think I'll be going through on the Sunday. What time does it start and is there anyone else heading over from Glasgow direction on the same day? Would go for the whole weekend but I've got to study one day at the weekend for an exam I've got on Tuesday.

Nit sure on starting time, im heading over on the Sunday and should be leaving Clydebank about 9 if u wanna meet up.

biggrim, Im picking up a friend that stays in Westburn between 9.30 and 10 on Sunday morning, u wanna meet up at the scotkart centre at about 10?

Heres some pics I took today, there not great but if anyone wants higher res versions pm me.

Was a good day, good to meet up with everyone I spoke to and see everyones cars.

certainly is mine.

Didn't put your face to the name on the day.

good day out though.

had a good time.

cheers

PAul

Good photos jim. glad it wasn't raining though. the unnoficial Corrado display in the car park was best I think. that and out 3-car-500 yard convoy to the gates. Manage to fit that aerial yet?

The aerial is on, dont think I like it but id be surprised if it lasts a week about here so will be back to standard soon I imagine.

How where ure oil temps on the way back? I took a wrong turn and ended up behind loads of traffic going through Lanark, then I ended up on the M8 and there were roadworks :bad-words:

Now a question that Roddy might be able to answer, since u didnt ask Grim, what was with all the boxes of eggs in John Kerrs G60. :lol: