Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

Scottish VW Festival at Biggar

The aerial is on, dont think I like it but id be surprised if it lasts a week about here so will be back to standard soon I imagine.

How where ure oil temps on the way back? I took a wrong turn and ended up behind loads of traffic going through Lanark, then I ended up on the M8 and there were roadworks :bad-words:

Now a question that Roddy might be able to answer, since u didnt ask Grim, what was with all the boxes of eggs in John Kerrs G60. :lol:

ah.....youv'e found out about mr kerr's work then......he's a 2 corrado-owning chicken farmer

Was doing about 80-90mph the way home and was just under 130 on the temp guage. Could it be running higher because of the upgrades? Unlucky with the traffic mate, when did you guys leave anyway? Will we ever get to the bottom of the egg mystery? Just thinking about the dash that never was!!! Do you know if the early spec dash came in black or was it just the late spec one? Need to get me some alloys and a respray, some of the Corrados on show made me realise how much is needing done to mine. Money, Money, Money!

Just thinking about the dash that never was!!! Do you know if the early spec dash came in black or was it just the late spec one?

here is the dash from a 91 J-plate G-60......which as far as i know/am aware is classed as the earlier style dash.....hopefully thats answered your question then

Was doing about 80-90mph the way home and was just under 130 on the temp guage. Could it be running higher because of the upgrades? Unlucky with the traffic mate, when did you guys leave anyway? Will we ever get to the bottom of the egg mystery? Just thinking about the dash that never was!!! Do you know if the early spec dash came in black or was it just the late spec one? Need to get me some alloys and a respray, some of the Corrados on show made me realise how much is needing done to mine. Money, Money, Money!

I was only there for about another 20 minutes or so after you, spoke to Brian (dubster82) for a bit then left. The late spec dash would probably have been more hassle than it was worth as it didnt have the switches an stuff with it. How bad is the lime damage in your paintwork, I didnt get a proper look at it. If it aint too bad and theres no rust that will get worse (I cant remember seeing any) I think I would hold off on the paint and get wheels and exaust first.

The lime attack is quite bad, you can see the primer beneath it but I don't think it will get any worse. There are a couple of little bits that look like they might rust soon but I'm forever polishing it so they hopefully won't get any worse. The thing that annoys me is the fact that the car in general is in good condition for 11 years old and if it weren't for the lime attack, I could probably live with the rest of the niggles for now. Gonna get some more quotes for a respray and see how much it's gonna cost me. On the wheels and exhaust front, definately need to deal with that oversized tailpipe but the one I'm after (MAGNEX with small oval pipe) only seems to be available as a complete system. And wheels........ there are just too many to chose from. Going to return it to pretty standard looking by taking off that rear lower spoiler (when I get a smaller exhaust) and getting one of the 50mm chin spoilers for the front (like yours, late spec). Will keep you posted on the mods though.

Just a thought but if your not bothered about Magnex then Drivers make custom Powerflow exausts, they could make u up a backbox with any tailpipe you want. My cousin got a quote for a full system for his Alfa fitted for £280 which I thought was pretty good.

biggrim, how did ure pics turn out, I wouldnt mind seeing the one on the motorway if it worked.

I'll put it on in the next couple of days along with some others. Just want to get this exam out of the way then I've got plenty of time to wash, polish and generally care for the C. Some of the pics are not bad, going to have to play with the one on the mway so you can see whats happening in it.

felt like a brea kfrom studying so thought I'd put this on for you Joe. Not the best photo but I think we were doing about 90 so not really the best moment to take a snap.

Not the best photo but I think we were doing about 90 so not really the best moment to take a snap.

Cheers mate, I think ure speedo must be wrong though, I would never do such a speed on a public road :wink: , dubster82 does enough of that for all of us :lol:

True! Now that u mention it.... i think my speedo is out by about 20mph cause when I stopped at traffic lights earlier it still read 20mph :p must remember to get that checked out :thumb right:

I enjoyed Biggar, it was a good day, got to meet up with a lot of folk and chat about my fav subject Corrado's!! Hope everyone else had a good time. Kames will be next one, looking forward to that too.

I would never do such a speed on a public road , dubster82 does enough of that for all of us

Cheers M8 :(

:lol: