Sign in to follow this  
Ford

Insurance/car viewing

Hi I am a CF newbie, hoping to become a rado owner in the next three weeks. I currently have a company car (which will be going very shortly), so I don't have claims bonus' also got 3 points on the licence - testing out the Alfa and talking at the same time missed the yellow box.

Taking into account the above I have been quoted about £780/year from elephant.co.uk on a 93 VR6 worth about £5k. Does that sound about right, happy to pay it just wondering if there are better deals to be had? I am 28 years old too and will have my partner insured on it too (2 years younger also no no claims bonus and shared comp. car).

If anybody could assist that would be great. Great forum by the way, some very knowlegeable enthusiasts. Hope to contribute in some way once I am up and running with my own wheels.

Also think the car viewing idea is excellent may take you guys up on it as I would not know what to look for in a VR6 yet.

Some nice ones for sale at the minute so won't be long.

Many thanks

BTW if anybody knows of a decent original VR6 going? 93/94/95 reg. with around 70-80k on the clock. Fully T&T'd and well cared for. Willing to pay around the £5k mark.

Hi thanks for the reply, looks like a great car and would be just up my street, actually better than my street, it's blue and even has leather, none of the others I have looked at have, except over 100k on the clock! Bora alloys look great too. I didn't consider it as its across the water. Was also worried about milage check and modifications (even alloys) and what that would do to the insurance. Also not too sure about the flywheel alterations - not much of an engine tecky yet, got friends for that. Hoping to pick up an original unmodified car and I will struggle to find an N reg for that price I know? Good luck with sale, it will go in no time I am sure. Is there no way you could fill in the gap in milage - 50-75k? Mots etc?

no nothing to verify miles mate but the seats etc are in very good condition which isnt a bad indication of mileage. I bought the car off a good friend of my mates so Im happy to know it came from a good background. there are no engine mods mate bar the panel filter but I have a std filter too. with elephant you are looking at about 50-60 quid more (ish) to declare it lowered and alloys.

no hassle tho if it isnt for you it isnt for you :)

except over 100k on the clock

where'd you get that from?? its 76k according to his advert

oh and try adrian flux for insurance. im 21 and fully comp on my vr6 is £1200 3 yrs ncb and 3 points

ah.....

im not sure that the prices on vr6 have gone up yet have they?? you see alot of over priced ones tbh but there are also still alot at cheap prices. maybe they will all go up a little bit slowly but surely??

i paid £4600 for mine in Nov 03. not sure of the value now but it must be about £5000 considering the clean up work and mods i have / am getting done.

Ford, was that quote fully comp or tpft?

Re quote reply above from Jedi-knight. My point was, not including the above suggested car in NI, that it seems impossible to get an L/M/N reg. blue original VR6 rado with leather seats for £5k that hasn't got more than 100k on the clock.

Many thanks for the insurance info will look him up!

Cheers

Ford, dont worry one will pop up from no where one day.... i was looking for my vr6 for about 3 months before i actually saw it. When i did see it it took me 5 mins to call him, 1 day to go down and 1 hr to agree to buy it.... you have to be quick if you see a nice one

dont be scared of high mileage ones though...aslong as they have had engine work (timing chains etc) they will be just as good and a 70-80k car

Sorry for delay in last message distracted at work.

Hi Jedi, yep fully comp.... but limited mileage to 8k a year. Luckily not using it for commute until next year. But sure I will rack those miles up in no time!

You got a really good deal on that rado! How many miles on the clock? Looks a nice one too! Prices must be going up - blame Top Gear. I would ideally like a n/m reg. but struggling. More important to get one with low miles.

Thanks for the info Pablo. Its a great car, but I am struggling to keep the insurance down as it is, so it has to be original with original alloys. At least for the near future. Best of luck finding it a new home! Would be very tempted if insurance wasn't a problem. Love the leather interior and I think I won't find one in my range with it. I will continue to keep an eye on insurance and won't put your car off my list yet. I have a couple of weeks to get a rado... so still some time.

Thanks Jedi, got my eyes peeled on CF, Corrado Club and Autotrader etc... Pitty I havent got as much time as you to find a really good one.

Ford, no prob, with me its the other way round... CF distracting me from work :D

anyway... only 8k a year??!!! give adrian flux a call... they didnt mind about my stainless steal exhaust or my koni suspension...sure they would mind about 17's either... and i have unlimited mileage. 8k is nothing....what happens if you drive to london for instance and realise you have done all 8k ....ha....have to wait till next year to get home..... nah you dont want that restriction!!

yeah it was a good deal although i woulnd say it was mint when i got it..

see this for work im doing http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13531

had 80k when i bought it...now about 87k

HI Jedi, sorry left work for the day. I checked out the photo's, good luck with repairs will be a great motor when its finished. Thanks for all the advice too, will try adrian flux for insurance.