Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

sh*tenoise

Was it just me, or was whitenoise a load of crud on sunday?

Took me 2hrs to get there only to be told that i had to go park in a field 200yds or so away. Entrance and exit were blocked at that point, so had to park on the road. Then, after contacting someone about the price, and told it was £5 to get in, its suddenly £8... And to top it all off, there were only half a dozen stands, and about 20 cars in show n show, half of which were, quite frankly, not "show and shine" quality.

We only stayed for 20mins, coz we'd seen it all!

I liked it, but don't think it's quite at the level that justifies driving for two hours to get to yet. Could use some more traders and some more water-cooled input, which I think will come with time. Same with North Weald, in it's infancy it was very small, but has / is growing in to a very good event. Whitenoise is a few years younger, but I think year on year it will get better and better. It was the first time at the new venue (required because it had out-grown the previous one).

It's better if your'e camping as well, because then you get the benefit of the music on Friday / Saturday night too, which I love despite my advancing years, but which might not be to everyone's taste!

Yeah i agree with kvwloon, I dont know what you were expectin specially as a mainly aircooled event. I go cause its local.

I too was disgusted at the park down the road policy, but security who were quite clearly corrado admirers suggested i park in the show and shine (my car hasent been cleaned in a week or so and shows) But least my car was in.

Show was a lot bigger then last years and i had an enjoyable day, nice weather spoke to some nice people, good atmosphere. Not a two hour drive show though. specially for a water cooled.. Yeah would also be much more worth it if you were campin with some mates/girls/bbq's/beer/music

i was expecting £5 and show n shine cars that were show and shine quality......

oh and noone suggested to me to enter the show n shine, they said that you had to be pre booked

swfblade, Oh well, on the plus side, at least the money went to a good cause (children's hospice) rather than some faceless promoter. I reckon give it a couple more years to develop to make it worth travelling too far. Personally, if it's fairly local, or especially if you like dance music, a few beers/barbies, a chilled air-cooled atmosphere with some water-cooled as well you can't fault it for a nice camping VW weekend.