Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

G-werks comes up trumps, again !

Big thanks to Darren aka G-man from G-werks who solved the problem I had with my G60 today, nice one mate !

Was on way to work this morning and car was running like *hite, it would rev up and down on it's own with no throttle, then would sputter, almost stall, catch again. Then just as I got to work it died completely. The engine would turn over and pump fuel but wouldn't start at all. I checked the obvious things like distributor and plugs etc and vac line but all were ok. Then was going to call recovery company and prepare the car to be taken to VW stealers and prepare myself for a large bill, but decided to call Daz first on the off-chance he could solve the prob.

Darren said to check the blue CTS (coolant temp. sensor) and the wires going into it. Lo and behold one connecting wire was snapped and the other was completely frayed, hence the poor running and refusal of engine to start !

I removed the connector and took it to my local Seat dealer where the service manager got one of the technicians to solder new connecting wires onto the plastic plug and supplied me with two new heatshrink connectors to connect the existing wires onto the new ones (thanks also go to Scotty at Glenvarigill Seat, Aberdeen for the quick fix !). Took it back to work and trimmed the wires and fitted the replacement connection and hey presto, woo hoo, engine running sweet again !!

So cheers Daz for sorting my problem out, again ! :D

BigEastsideVWG60

no probs we are here to help ! thinking of getting a 0870 premium rate g60 helpline soon too... :lol: :lol:

*cough* 0870 = national rate... ;) :lol:

If you want one, lemme know, I can probably get you a good deal on one! ;) :mrgreen:

Just wanted to second whats already been said really. Called darren 2nite ref a prob with my mates Rallye- Now all sorted! 8) :wink: :D :D :D Thanks Very Much Mate

:offtopic: but 0800's cost a BOMB to run... not exactly fair on Daz to be paying so we can annoy him with our questions is it?!? ;) :lol: