vonslack

G60 poor idle no power when accelerating

Hi what started as poor lumpy idle when hot or cold has now developed into no power when you put you foot on the accelerator & cutting out as well. The faults are intermittent but occurring more of the time than not. The first thing I did was check all the vacuum hoses spark plug, leads & engine wiring no faults found. I did find the dizzy was loose so reset this using a timing gun. Replaced fuel filter & used moly lube injector cleaner. Took out all the injectors & cleaned them refitted with new O-rings. ISV & blue temp sensor are good. Coil ended up failing so replaced this & the dizzy cap & rotor arm at same time, I have noticed these showing corrosion after only a few miles.

Could this be sign of week / mistimed spark?

I took off the ECU when investigating the no spark & looked inside it, no obvious failed components or dry joints. Replaced FPR valve. Took fuel pump out of tank found debris stuck to bottom of its fine filter including flaked off paint from the car! so cleaned this & removed as much as I could from the fuel tank. Put it back together & ran engine but it made no difference to the issues. I have ordered a new fuel pump which I will be fitting shortly as the rubbers that mount it tore when & took it apart to clean. Also blew out all the fuel lines with airline ready for new pump install.

Replaced the water pump because that was so noisy I thought it might be interfering with the knock sensor. Tried swapping out the knock sensor which made no difference. I have got 10V at the HAL sender plug. I am now thinking the fault is in the ECU or wiring loom somewhere so have bought a working used standard ECU to try in the car next week.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated.