Sign in to follow this  
valley_09

Front Bumper Alignment Issues

Good Morning all, 

I am hoping someone may be able to shed some light on an issue I currently have with my corrado front bumper. 

I bought the car blind from ebay some time ago and immediately got to work 1.8t'ing it so the front bumper was whipped off straight away. 

Upon putting the bumper back in place I notice that both sides sit further forward than they should. I am not too sure if it has always been like this. 

the car has had some paint on the front so I am wondering if perhaps some later parts were used in a repair as such that would sit the bumper further forward? or whether there is something obvious, I am missing?

For some reason I am unable to upload an image currently but as soon as I can, I will. 

Thank you 

Hey up,

I suppose it all comes to what "further forward" means (a photo would answer this, but I think you can't upload photos until you have made so many posts).

Refer to VW Corrado Bumpers (heritagepartscentre.com).

The bumper has a main black bracket which runs across the front of the car with two sloped brackets (8) where the four bolts secure it from under the car - sandwiching the front engine support bar. I guess this is located correctly to get your bolts through.

There is a black holder with two bobbins on each side where the ends of the bumper needs to slot on to.

Lastly, if the previous people have taken the bumper plastic off the main bracket and not refitted it properly, the bumper may appear too far forward (but only by 1cm or so). There are 10 or so black plastic wedges (10) that hold the bumper plastic to the main bracket.

There isn't much to go wrong - if it all lines up!

Report back with your findings.

Thank you @Philly-R6

I’ll take a closer look when I get back to the car in the hope that I can solve it. I would say it’s possible 20mm further forward. 25mm at a push