Sign in to follow this  
CHRISVR6

Central Locking Help!!!

Right the central locking has never worked on the drivers side handle, took it out and found there was no wires there as there should be, so got a new one from VW (ouch) and pluged it in and still nothing but it sometimes does lock all the doors (but only on occation) i have tried the handle on the other side and its fine but still does not work on drivers side. The previous person to do it left the wires dangleing down in the bottom of the door, is there a fuse it could have blown or anything? any help would be brilliant cheers :oops:

right the problem seems to be with the alarm, i have striped it all out and i was told that the alarms are often faulty or does not work properly if the c/l is left the same, so they cross two wires over to get it to work right (something to do with the closure part of the alarm), so this narrows it down a lot but still cant find where they cross the wires as they tapped into them on the doors but nothing else anywhere. anyway having a new alarm fitted next week so i can let him sort it :lol: , what a arse pain :mad: but all to be sorted now