Sign in to follow this  
G60

The G60 Rebuild Endevour

had a wee accident. smashed windshield fixed, roadtrip for a used NON-BULGE hood behind me... and i'm rollin in the C again. took it out for about 130km last night. 11psi@3000rpm in 4th, not at WOT. i only have about 230km on the car since the charger rebuild... if i didn't spend every free moment working on it i'm sure it'd be over the 500km marker by now! it's not easy staying under 3000rpm in second.

i'm going to snap some pics soon... engine bay, exterior... you guys can get a good laugh at my two-tone corrado. the hood is just a shade darker than the rest of the car. its ok tho... not too noticable since the from bumper cover and grill are also still missing :lol:

pics i took today at lunch

front.jpg

ic_sideshot.jpg

underhood.jpg

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

some in progress pics of my bumper for darren. front license plate holes shaved, north american side markers shaved, turn signal holes grinded out.

bumper.jpg

intake_hole.jpg

IC_hole.jpg

haha, no idea. came on the car. must be very restrictive. going to get a shop to bend me a pipe that goes down through the carbon cannister hole and into the stream of air. could possibly get a small psi increase from having the filter in the direct path of air, that would be nice, but i want the coldest intake temps possible. apparently having the air filter in the direct path of air, if setup correctly, will negate the vaccum effect on the intake side of the charger so that the charger is not working to suck in air, its being somewhat rammed in so there and the charger will have as much as it needs.. hopefully a little more cfm into the engine and less resistance for the charger. :)

EDIT: 480km down, had it up to 3500rpm now. 20km to go. now just waiting for the rsr outlet to show up.

done about 1200km now and its feeling really good. really smooth especially on the highway.

if you're in north america and you need bigger injectors, look up scott f. williams on the vwvortex, he sells 4 siemens DEKA (in many people's opinion better spray pattern than the ford motorsport/bosch ones) for $124 US shipped anywhere in the US or $134 US shipped to canada.

if you need a 3.5bar fpr go to http://www.germanautoparts.com and get the $41 US one from them.

more pics, etc soon. just waiting on parts and some time.

almost 4 months have passed.

i had the car running just right, all the little fixes behind me, and then of course the corrado demons perk up and i have a severe electrical issue. almost a fire but i pulled the battery terminals in time.

now that winter is nearly here i'm preparing the car for storage, and i'm savin my nickels. i'm also in the process of arranging pick-up of a '90 G60 out of pennsylvania for parts.

the latest corrado conundrum is do i go with a front mount intercooler between the headlights, or an air/water charge cooler. i don't want to mess with the bodywork and i want as short an intake path as possible. regardless of extra weight and complexity, i think i will end up going A/W.. i'd like to try to relocate the throttle body to BEFORE the charge cooler, to drastically cut down on heat soak during regular driving. thats the main problem with a charge cooler, get's heatsoaked at a faster rate than a FMIC if the cooler is continuously under boost, which for us is always as the supercharger is always spinning. the idea is to have the un-needed boost to blow off before the cooler. ta for now :salute: