Sign in to follow this  
Dancing Fish

Should i rip my warm air feed off???

Peeps,

Ive just read an article that says cold air is more denser thus the colder the air you get into your engine the more power it generates.

Therefore, why do i want the warm air feed into my airbox?????

DF.

It's there 'cos when the air is too cold (and the engine is cold too) the inlet system can ice up which causes the car to run like a sack of spanners... :)

The warm air feed is there to prevent this from happening and should have a vacuum acutated flap to block it off when the engine warms up enough to not run the risk of icing being a problem... 8)

Thing is that it very rarely gets cold enough for this to be a problem in this country on an fuel injected car... the G60s (and vr6s I think) don't have this feed, and I know I removed it (as well as a VERY large amount of the bottom of the airbox!) when I had my 16V golf with no bad effects... 8)

So........

Given that the metal bit that attaches to the back of the head has broken off and rattles like a batch, it is not worth spending any money at all fixing it? In fact, just pulling it off (!!) would be a good idea. Especially if i dont bin it.

unless you're planning on moving to a high bit of Scotland (or maybe some bits of Wales) where it gets really cold and snowy and stuff, IMHO you should be OK... 8)