Sign in to follow this  
ross.taylor

Whats it worth? 1.8 16V Leather (Edited)

Hi all. I am considering selling my Corrado. 6 months ago I got a job selling BMWs and so they gave me a shiny new car to drive. So my Corrado is currently sitting on my Dads lawn with a cover over it. He starts it once a week, lets it warm up and moves it to kill a different patch of lawn. So I am thinking of selling it to free up a bit of cash. However I have no idea what its worth. Spec as follows:

1990 G Plate

1.8 16V

Dark Burgandy Pearl (I think)

Black Leather - Recent new bolsters

17" Kahn Replica 5 Spoke Wheels

40mm Lowered on Konis

Sigma Cat 1 Alarm and Immobiliser

Eyebrow spoiler

De Locked Door handles

Pair brand new Toyos on the front, and good nick Falkens on the back

Kenwood CD player with 6 Kenwood speaker install

Custom MDF Parcel Shelf with totally hidden pair Kenwood 4 Way 160W 6x9

VR6 Bonnet

Wolfsburg Mats

120W Bulbs

Bosch 4-Spark Plugs

Recent Head Rebuild due to Head Gasket blown

New 90mm Chin Spoiler

New drivers Wing Mirror Glass - Now heats amazingly well

New radiator about 30K miles ago

Forgot to mention: Also has a Remus single oval SS backbox on the exhaust

BUT:

Paint is not in good nick

-Keyed down both sides

-Front bumper cracked

-drivers wing mirror body cracked

-passenger side wing and bonnet have had a rubbish respray

-I'm told that drivers door has been filled

-To be perfectly honest all the signs are that it has had a Front end shunt at some point but I dont know for sure.

Sunroof works - most of the time

Amp driving the 6x9s is blown

Leather is getting pretty dry on the seats

Badly patched hole in the rear seats - size of a 50p

Front disks need replacing - not an MOT fail but not good

All 4 wheels are curbed, some worse than others

Polish this car and stand back and it looks amazing, but you get up close and things start to show. It is MOTd untill Feb 05. There are 137k miles on it. It still goes well and pulls as hard as a 16V should. Its had about 7 owners but at least 3 of them are plate changes.

Service history to about 90K.

But whats it worth?

as the others say.........best thing to do is swap yer leather for cloth plus a cash adjustment in yer favour.........your car having leather won't increase its value just make it a bit more desirable but given the state of the paint/body(by your description) it won't be easy to sell unless you price it very keenly :wink:

Even a tatty 1.8 16v with MOT is gonna be worth around £1000 I'd say - maybe sligtly more with leather. That's what I'd expect to pay at least. Sounds like it's make a decent base for a project Corrado.....hmmmm .....

at the moment i'll put this into the general car chat section...............pm myself or any other mods and we'll re-instate it into the cars for sale section but please remember and post a price when you do decide to sell :wink:

Fair enough vr6storm, will do.

Dont have any pics ATM, but there are some at my parents house will post them asap.

Is it really only worth a grand!! Theres no way I'm selling if thats the case.

Fair enough vr6storm, will do.

Dont have any pics ATM, but there are some at my parents house will post them asap.

Is it really only worth a grand!! Theres no way I'm selling if thats the case.

at the end of the day its going to need some fair bit of paint (again going by your description) so if we say £500+ for a good quality respray,plus refurbishment of the kerbed alloys etc easy £200-ish........and minor fettling so say £100-ish.......there you have approx £1800......which is normally the going rate for 1.8 16v's

The going rate for a *good* 1.8 16v.....I paid £1400 for mine a year ago and it was a little tatty but only 92k with lots of history.

leather IMO is really only worth the extra on the VR6 and G60 whereas on the valver its just a good selling point and doesnt drastically inflate the price......going by the sounds of your leather(as you describe) its not in mint condition so won't really be worth to much more over cloth