Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

i hate electrics

can anyone help?? i have problems with my stereo turning itself on & off, if i go down a pothole 4 example, it goes off, then if i turn the key towards the dash slightly? it goes back on, but only till i hit another imperfection in the road? have made sure the connections 4 the stereo are all ok? but its still doing it, any clues you guys?? :?

humm, let me get this right... something knocks the ignition switch and it goes off, knocks it again and it comes back on.... ???

I'm thinking dead ignition switch here... :lol:

Common problem on VWs, about 30mins to fit (not including swearing!) and £20 for the part... 8)

i really hate car electrics but having owned a jaguar xjs a one point thats probably not suprising. At least corrado's electrics are slightly better.

currents have probs with stereo two tweaters up front work , left rear speaker works none of the other three do and i know the speakers are ok as i have spare rears and have tried swapping the rear right one.

tried every load balance on the stereo not a peep. lol

oh well another "wee" job to do bet u ive snecked some cables or something

anyways sympathies out to anyone elese with electrical trouble.