Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Cam swap?

I am going to do the dual exhaust cam swap this weekend and I was wondering if I have to take both cams out just to replace the inlet?

Can you just take the caps of the inlet and pivot it out? I am trying to do as little as possible.

you're best off taking both out else you'll have lots of fun trying to get the cam chain back on and getting 'em timed up properly! :roll:

All I have to do is put a reference mark on the chain/chainwheel from the old one and line this up with the new timing mark if you get my drift.

I'm just one of those people that doesnt like to mess with things too much as there is more chance of breaking bits.

WOOOOOOOOAAAA You have got a chainwheel with a new keyway cut havent you??? If your just guna flip the cam over without the modded wheel it will run like shite and go even worse

Dont want people to go wrong where i have before! When my car went to stealth it was 2 teeth retarded on cam belt due to woodruff key snapping which made the chainwheels a tooth out each way NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!

Well its done and I what a bitch it is to time. Got there in the end and was 1 tooth ou ton the cam to start with and then the cam belt tensioner slackened off when I started it :shock: which got my attention.

Had a quick trip but didnt really feel much difference. I think the car reall need setting up.

I didn't think it was night and day when I did this swap to my C. At the time I was a bit disappointed. It wasn't until I got on the motorway that I really noticed the difference. Not having to change out of 5th to accelerate from 70 was the main thing I noticed.

I sold the car to a mate and he swapped the cam back prior to selling it on and commented on how flat it felt afterwards.

Gavin