Sign in to follow this  
dubweiser

isv probs ......again

anybody know if the isv from a 2litre 16v corrado is the same as any other car cos i need to get one and try it on my car but they cost a bloody fortune and i dont want to fork out loadsa money if its not the problem.I have heard that some audis have the same one but not sure if this is true or which model it is.I am trying to get one from a scrapyard but finding a corrado in a scrapyard is impossible.

Cheers

:ps is there anyone in the north east area that would be kind enough to meet and let me try their isv for 5minutes on my car to see if this is indeed the problem.Help is appreciated as i am starting to tear my hair out with this problem

I'm having similar probs......

my local breaker did have several from other VW/AUDIs (with same p/n) which I tried but to no effect.

Euro car parts also ordered me one in but wouldn't let me try it first.

Neither mine nor the other 2nd hand ones buzzed at all - leading me to believe I have other eleccy gremlins elsewhere. But probably won't know until some other local 9A owner lets me borrow theirs. (E london / essex anyone?!)

Anyone know how big that circuit is & what else is in their to malfunction???

I have a brand spanking new ISV ( 037906457D ) for sale for £100. You are welcome to try it first but you will have to travel to me. I live in the cambridge/peterborough area. I'm not sure if this is the same part number as what you are looking for. But like i say, it is brand new and anyone is welcome to try it to see if it rectify's their fault.

Thanks for the offer mr werthers - but yours is for a 1.8 16v....... there are even two versions for the 2.0l (one by bosch & one by VDO) and at the very least, the hose designs are different for each and every version.

Personally I need the plasticcy VDO version to play with!