Sign in to follow this  
dav

RPI Equipped Brake Kit VR6

Found this break setup at RPI Equipped web site,

Have a look at the RPI 11" Race Brake Kit VR6 5x100mm.

It says minimum wheel clearance is 15” which should be good for people wanting to keep the original wheels (speedlines).

Only problem is that they are in the USA. Price is good though.

Link http://www.rpiequipped.com/store/c192284.2.html

D.

.. and they do a G60 4 stud version also.

Uses Willwood Dynalite II's. 795USD is currently 440quid then you add VAT, and import duty?

Would be nice ...

My Google friend says several US Corrado owners have a Willwood brake setup.

These calipers are prone to flexing, do not have dust seals (sand/dirt will eat the aluminum caliper around the SS pistons) yet they are lightweight. The 11.3" driivers edition is a wise upgrade for vr6 applications, the audi 2 piston is the 4cyl upgrade of choice. I would not suggest these wilwoods for road racing applications.

R

is it possible to fit bigger roters and calipers on the rear breaks of a VR6 cause i have brembos cross drill and slotted but their the original size wich are pretty small :cry:

I have an 11" vented rear brake kit on my corrado now which utilitzes modified mk4 aluminum calipers. My only issue with this kit was the fact it added +10mm of spacing to each side. This restricts the race tire size I can use w/o spending more $$ on bodywork/paint. I am modeling up these rear hubs and having 1050M steel hubs machined to eliminate this spacing, in addition I am switching to wilwood 280x22mm rotors with custom hats. I run stoptech 328x28 rotors up front with their 4pot calipers and did not want to alter the bias of the system just yet by adding 2 piston stoptech rear calipers. My goal is to have the car roadrace ready by spring.

Thats some nice work you did i like a lot is there anything smaller where i wont have to make any body mods just a direct bolt on kit or something like that ?

I purchased the kit from eurospecsport. Apparently it is no longer available. It is their hubs which push the wheel centers outward 10mm. I will be machining my own rear hubs to retain the OEM wheel center offset. I'll dig out some photos and host them.

R