Sign in to follow this  
me32dh

GTI Inters sprints - Timing

Just for the record, this is the reply from HS Sports timing, who ran the timing equipment during the weekend.

I believe that my time for 5.99 0-60 and 6.18 0-60 are real. It did cost me my clutch!

Regards,

Duncan

Standard VR6 with miltek and broken clutch, still.

Duncan,

Regarding your enquiry for the equipment/system used. All of the information is collaborated onto a central machine. The sprint time is started by a Radio beam system, which when crossed starts the timer. The 0-60 time is then the time taken to reach 60MPH, and the speed taken from a calibrated Speed Radar Gun as used by the police. The Quarter mile time is the taken from a finish beam at the quarter mile point.

There were no system problems over the weekend that would affect the times given to competitors, although a few times because of the helicopter flying above the strip, the radar would pick the speed of that up instead of a car and cause a "Spike" on the graph. The only other factor which happened once over the weekend is exhaust tones can effect the speed gun, i.e. a loud popping exhaust will just "spike" the speed gun straight up to 60 MPH.

I am concerned however that people are not happy with there times.

Best Regards

Graham Smith

------------------------------------------------

Graham Smith - Motor Sports Executive