Sign in to follow this  
Purple Monster

G60 Cooling

Hi Guys

I'm a newbie to your forum and technically not a full member as I have a MkI golf... but I do have a lovely Corrado G60 lump and the Corrado dash in there too.

Anyway, she's chipped, pullied and remapped and has a Rallye I/C, trouble is when in town traffic the water temp soars to over 110 and oil temp has reached 130. Any suggestions on what can be done to assist the cooling on this engine?

Cheers

A well placed Mocal Oil cooler should give you a drop of about 20 on the higher oil temps...

Water - sounds like the Rad Thermo-switch is knackered or thermostat not opening... Is the rad getting hot? what temps does the fan cut in? Also check to make sure your getting 12V to the fan motor.

is your MKI wired to have a 2 stage coolant fan? Odds are if it's still using the MKI wiring to the fan it isn't and there's your problem straight away... :|

Sitck a Mocal on as Supercharged, suggests and that'll knock your temps down a shed load, and then consider a Pacet fan (from http://www.thinkauto.com ) or similar and a different radiator and rad-fan switch....

Should be able to knock 20degrees off both those temps with very little hassle... 8)