Sign in to follow this  
Skimask

Eibach springs too high?

Hi Folks,

Just fitted a pair of lowered 40 mm Eibach spring, but the car is sitting about 45mm higher than my last ones! Do they settle down or stay at the same height??

Thought I'd ask - I think I'll be taking the springs off tomorrow and removing a couple of coils with the grinder!!

skimask, - have you fitted the correct springs for your car ? - you may have been sent the wrong springs !!

Any new springs will take a day or so to settle - go for a drive on some bumpy roads to get them settled properly. If the car's still too high after a couple of days then you have the wrong springs.

The 1.8-16v is the lightest of all the Corados & may sit a little high unless you fit springs specifically designed for this vehicle

think the prob is the eibachs are listed for ALL corrados but seem to be best suited to VR6s as a few people with 4pots are complaining its too high :(

Mine are going in any day now so it will be interesting to see how they sit.

think the prob is the eibachs are listed for ALL corrados but seem to be best suited to VR6s as a few people with 4pots are complaining its too high :(

Mine are going in any day now so it will be interesting to see how they sit.

If they list the same spring for all Corrados, the 16v's will sit way too high :?

Cheers Guys.

cutting the springs is drastic (just really pissed off with them!) I won't go down that road.

I spoke to Jim curley, and he told me Eibach only do one spring type across the Corrado range. It will Drop a VR6 40mm as stated, but any 4 pot will only go down about 20mm if your lucky.

What I am going to do is inquire about a set of Koni dampers and other springs. But I will have to wait and see if I get paid and by how much this Friday before deciding!

The Eibachs were too soft and too high compared to the old units. I know people slag Spax off something rotten. But my existing setup made the car handle like a go-cart!

The Eibachs lost that certainty when going into a corner - the Spax you pointed it and it stuck there.

I will probably sell the Eibachs on at a later date when I get some new kit!

The Eibachs were too soft

:shock: I think thats the first ive ever heard that. People are usually saying there too hard.

I thought they were fine when I had them on, though even with a vr6 they sat a bit high at the front.

skimask, my mate just put spax adjustables on his G60 golf -50mm drop, its a bit low for my liking but the handling as nice as my koni`s & H&R`s

dunno about the C but he`s impressed!

Cheers Benji, thanks for the feedback on the koni's. I'm not wanting to spend too much on the car as I'll probably be getting another when the finances have improved.

I think my original springs were the 50mm drop ones - running over a beer can and it was a case of 'Will it hit'. Then again the front spoiler (the 90mm one I think) used to scrape quite a lot!

I may add that the Eibach springs don't suit my car, maybe if I had 50Kg+ in the front it may come good. They just don't feel right on my Valver!